zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20180321_110106.jpg
20180321_110120.jpg
20180321_110137.jpg

I see so much fake tiffany I am always hesitant to believe they are real lol, Never dealt with their keychains before. Will have to do some research.

20180321_111349.jpg

This stamp has me doubting it.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both marks would lead me to believe it is fake.

captain_mike

Aug 20, 2012
Dogtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Whites Goldmaster GMX, Whites TDI SL, Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab GP3500, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typically from the Tiffany key chains I've seen, there is no stamp on the ring, but an engraving on the back saying "please return to tiffany & co with a serial number" I don't know if they are all like that, or just the ones I've seen. You might call them and ask about it. Worst case, it's more silver for your coffers.

OP
OP
zombieraccoon

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured as much, oh well. 10.23g of sterling silver for $2. I tried to research it a bit, but there are so many fakes being sold as authentic, and so many variations of the piece. I did see the same piece with engraved AT&T logo on one, Motorola logo on the other. They did offer engraveables, but I dont like the stamps enough to be comfortable selling it.

captain_mike

Aug 20, 2012
Dogtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Whites Goldmaster GMX, Whites TDI SL, Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab GP3500, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always sell it with the disclaimer "I think it may be Tiffany, but not being an expert myself, I can not say with 100% accuracy, therefore it is up to the buyer to discern from the pics, and draw his or her own conclusion as to authenticity."
Lots of people will still buy it and be very happy with it, and if it isn't real, you're covered, because you didn't mislead anyone at all.

OP
OP
zombieraccoon

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather scrap it than sell a fake, While the markings are consistent with many of yhe other pieces I looked at, I have never seen such a shoddy stamp on a real tiffany piece, on the keyring you can see where the silver is smashed a bit, and can see yhe imprint from the stamp they used, real tiffany stamps are so clean they look laser cut.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t have the piece in front of me but I’d say with 99% confidence that it’s real. I specialize in Tiffany identification for the retail end of our little precious metals operation. You can read my article - just google fake tiffany bracelet and it will come up in the first few hits - hunter ridge jewelry

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very informative article! Thanks!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks real to me. People aren’t usually faking corporate logo items

OP
OP
zombieraccoon

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a great article, I have run through it a couple times before. My 11yr old daughter decided to use this for her house key, so that makes it easy for me, Don't have to deal with selling it. But I do appreciate the confirmation, That makes 2 Tiffany silver pieces this month ��
I found my first Tiffany about 20 years ago, it was a sapphire ring, which I thought was silver at the time, but when I took it to a local jeweler he told me it was platinum. bought it for $5 and sold it for $2000. That sealed it, I was hooked on buying stuff, and havent stopped since.

Really the only thing I saw on this piece that concerned me was where it had been stamped on the ring, you could see where the stamp impacted the silver and created a tiny bulge in the top of the ring. Otherwise it looked good to me. The pieces I have seen always had perfect stamps. Generally the fakes have always been obvious when I have seen them, though I did find a really good looking cross pendant one time, but when i got home and compared the stamps didnt match the authentic ones.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t have the piece in front of me but I’d say with 99% confidence that it’s real. I specialize in Tiffany identification for the retail end of our little precious metals operation. You can read my article - just google fake tiffany bracelet and it will come up in the first few hits - hunter ridge jewelry
I was going to say I have sold two identical key chains with the "return to tiffany" heart tags that had these same markings. I actually dug one of them at the beach, shown below. I know they make these with different tags and different marks also, sterling vs 925, some of them are dated I believe also near the marks.

attachment.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread