More Silver
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree19Likes
  • 9 Post By zombieraccoon
  • 1 Post By SCpicker
  • 2 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By diggummup
  • 1 Post By can_slaw
  • 1 Post By FriscoT06
  • 3 Post By diggummup
  • 1 Post By zombieraccoon

Thread: More Silver

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Trash Collecting Treasure Peddling Google Ninja

    Dec 2017
    Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
    307
    461 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    More Silver

    Hit the local GW just now, found some sterling spoons, of course they put 1 sterling spoon in each $2 bag of flatware, so i had to buy them all, ended up with 6 sterling spoond, nearly full service for 6 JA Henkles 18/10, and a bunch of Community Plate Junk, also picked up Empire sugar and creamer, but there was no lid.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_185000.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	1582475
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_185022.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	1582476
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_184719.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	1582472
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_184731.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	1582473
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_184347.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	1582474

    Anyone know this maker ? I tried a quick search, will have to dig deeper when i get home tonight i guess.

  2. #2
    us
    Jan 2016
    109
    158 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wm. B. Durgin Co.
    zombieraccoon likes this.

  3. #3
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

    Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    12,788
    23053 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get the goods.
    zombieraccoon and Drmad7 like this.

  4. #4
    um
    Jul 2004
    God's Country, Ky.
    Whites M6
    17,764
    10011 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice finds on the silver. Still amazes me you guys find silver and gold at Goodwill stores. That never happens around here. Never dismiss good stainless flatware either. I've sold 3 sets in the past month.
    zombieraccoon likes this.

  5. #5
    us
    Ryan

    Nov 2017
    Wisconsin
    ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
    656
    653 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    Nice finds on the silver. Still amazes me you guys find silver and gold at Goodwill stores. That never happens around here. Never dismiss good stainless flatware either. I've sold 3 sets in the past month.
    Great job on the silver finds!!

    Can you recommend some good flatware brands to be on the lookout for? I have been searching for sterling at my local shops, but do not know what to look for with stainless...
    zombieraccoon likes this.
    From Wisconsin, Iowa, or Minnesota? Join the group:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gr...s-iowa-mn.html

  6. #6
    us
    May 2011
    Hatteras Island, NC
    Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
    599
    645 times
    Shipwrecks
    Niiiiiice.
    zombieraccoon likes this.

  7. #7
    um
    Jul 2004
    God's Country, Ky.
    Whites M6
    17,764
    10011 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by can_slaw View Post
    Great job on the silver finds!!

    Can you recommend some good flatware brands to be on the lookout for? I have been searching for sterling at my local shops, but do not know what to look for with stainless...
    Let me start by saying that most of my buys come from garage sales and such. I haven't really ever bought flatware at a thrift store. I don't look for any particular brands. If it's cheap, in good condition and I can make a full set of some type out of it I'll buy it. I don't buy single pieces or anything. Made in the USA, Japan, WMF Germany is also good. Basically anything older that doesn't say made in china on it. The pattern has to be something other than plain jane too.


    zombieraccoon - I doubt that Empire sugar ever had a lid.

  8. #8
    us
    Trash Collecting Treasure Peddling Google Ninja

    Dec 2017
    Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
    307
    461 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thank you all for the info, much appreciated.

    As far as stainless flatware I usuallt look for stuff that is marked 18/10 or 18/8 or 18/0. Most of them do well, otherwise just look for neat looking patterns.
    can_slaw likes this.

  9. #9
    us
    Ryan

    Nov 2017
    Wisconsin
    ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
    656
    653 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    Let me start by saying that most of my buys come from garage sales and such. I haven't really ever bought flatware at a thrift store. I don't look for any particular brands. If it's cheap, in good condition and I can make a full set of some type out of it I'll buy it. I don't buy single pieces or anything. Made in the USA, Japan, WMF Germany is also good. Basically anything older that doesn't say made in china on it. The pattern has to be something other than plain jane too.


    zombieraccoon - I doubt that Empire sugar ever had a lid.
    I will take of this much appreciated info and add it to my notes. Thank you, and thank you zombie for the help!
    From Wisconsin, Iowa, or Minnesota? Join the group:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gr...s-iowa-mn.html

  10. #10
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
    31,782
    35306 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Very nice silver finds, congratulations!

  11. #11
    us
    Ace250man

    Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    20,054
    202 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Sweet silver!!!
    ALLEN

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 21, 2019, 06:03 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2017, 04:06 PM
  3. Replies: 66
    Last Post: May 18, 2014, 11:27 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2011, 11:10 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2011, 07:31 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0