Weirdest Finds Ever ??

Minamik

Apr 28, 2018
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit: Though it's something I dug, not a thrift store find.

Now that I think about, I feel like this qualifies as "weird." Maybe it made sense at the time, but having a bottle of fingernail polish with a cap...that has a fingernail on it...is just weird, and a bit unsettling.

DcD1f7WV4AAdyyC.jpg

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit: Though it's something I dug, not a thrift store find.

Now that I think about, I feel like this qualifies as "weird." Maybe it made sense at the time, but having a bottle of fingernail polish with a cap...that has a fingernail on it...is just weird, and a bit unsettling.

View attachment 1588056
Reminds me of the time I was installing some flooring years ago at a Seminole Tribal Council office and there was a desk in there belonging to one of the Billie clan (without naming specific names), and sitting on that desk was a small like baby food jar and there was a big old gnarly looking fingernail inside of it. I didn't touch it and didn't ask.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found someone's glass eye in a bunch of junk jewelry from an antique store I buy from regularly, the detail work is incredible. I plan on making a pendant with it at some point but at the moment I'm preparing for a trans-atlantic move later in the year and it's currently boxed up with a bunch of shadow box stuff.

OP
OP
zombieraccoon

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found someone's glass eye in a bunch of junk jewelry from an antique store I buy from regularly, the detail work is incredible. I plan on making a pendant with it at some point but at the moment I'm preparing for a trans-atlantic move later in the year and it's currently boxed up with a bunch of shadow box stuff.

you will have to post pics once you make it.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where are you heading to?

trhunter7777

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
KC MO
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Fisher CZ20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought several coffee mugs with various forms of the middle finger inside the cup, they made me laugh.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make a Christmas lamp lol. Treasure edition!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my friends had a glass eye. He was a little kooky, and would do things like pop his eye out, hold it on someone & tell them "I've got my eye on you." His best one was when a group of us ended up in a small town café being ignored. He finally goes out to his truck and comes back in grinning. The waitress comes by with the I'll be right with you look. He stops her and tells her we're starving to death hungry as he pops his eye out pops it (it appeared) in his mouth and starts crunching it up. She literally runs for the bathroom! Seems my friend always carried a jar of pearl onions for such an occasion! Oh, never had a restaurant owner serve me so fast. One of his other ones was a really really realistic looking cut off finger. He'd pull it out and hold it like he was holding up an amulet casting a spell. When asked what the heck he was doing, he'd reply "Oh, just giving you the finger......" He was always a blast to hang with! Hope that gives you a couple ideas for your find!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'll keep an eye out for it...:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread