Thoughts on, Depression glass?

ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Raider Gold, Old machine of my Father's
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went to the local gw store, and purchased two of these ashtrays for 2 $ each. I bought them specifically as I noticed a sticker on them labeled Royal Ruby Anchorglass, a company name above this states Anchor Hocking Glass Corp. The sticker interested me as from reading about japan area porcelain it is noted many items previously actually were not labeled and had no maker marks, and for periods of time stickers were used at times with company logos in the area of porcelain etc so I thought why not glass? I looked this company up and found this- Royal Ruby Glass by Anchor Hocking - information and pictures

I also looked the item price range up on Ebay- here is a general price range from an Ebay search: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=royal+ruby+anchorglass+ashtrays&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=royal+ruby+anchorglass+ashtrays

I am wondering if these items are genuine depression glass? As many pieces of depression glass were re-introduced in a way from what I have read about collecting depression glass.

Also, pieces selling now on Ebay seem to be selling more than what I payed for these. I was wondering if I decided to sell them, if selling them as a set for 8 $ is a reasonable price range?

Essentially I am interested if anyone has or can find any more information in particular about this company or if anyone can tell if this is depression glass for certain.

It isn't the biggest find I am sure, but I am satisfied with my purchase as from what I see on the selling luck of this item on Ebay- such items are in demand, and sell nicely, and glassware sets seem to do rather well, which may attest at least to my shopping eye. Noticing a sticker and considering for 2 dollars it could possibly sell for more.

Thanks for reading, and any info appreciated.

Here are a couple photos of the ashtrays before I run:

ashtray1.jpg

ashtray2.jpg

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know anything about this stuff, but I agree based on completed sales that $8.00 seems about right. This pair (302705900134) went for $22, and the majority seem to have sold in the $6-$15 range.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions