Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Paid $15, Now headed for auction

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

    Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000
    1,965
    743 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DFW_THer View Post
    I hope you told him what a piece of work he is. Just wow...
    I want to in the worst way but he is enough of a lunkhead that it won't sink in. Here is an example of his 'leadership skills':
    Our organization is a 501c(3) so we rely on events, raffles and giveaways in order to make money. We decided on a 50" smart TV for last summers raffle. He went out and bought the TV but did not check it at the time of purchase. It stayed in the box for most of the summer while we sold tickets. By the time we drew the winning ticket the warranty had expired. The winner, (and her wife) went to his house to pick up the still sealed in the box TV. He loaded the box in their car and congratulated the winner, (and her wife) and sent them on their merry way.
    That night we recieved a phone call from the winner that the screen on the TV was busted. Our organization had to shell out another $450 to purchase another TV for the winner, (and her wife)
    This, because he: 1- did not check the TV at the time of purchase, 2- never checked the TV while the warranty was in effect, and 3- did not check the TV just before loading into the winners, (and her wifes) car.
    A2coins likes this.
    When detectors are outlawed, only outlaws will have detectors

  2. #17
    Charter Member
    us
    The Hoover Boys

    Feb 2008
    At your local thrift
    The Gravitator Electroscope, divining rods, random rocks that look neat that are actually treasure maps, meditation and a charming imagination.
    1,130
    1405 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by GopherDaGold View Post
    I want to in the worst way but he is enough of a lunkhead that it won't sink in. Here is an example of his 'leadership skills':
    Our organization is a 501c(3) so we rely on events, raffles and giveaways in order to make money. We decided on a 50" smart TV for last summers raffle. He went out and bought the TV but did not check it at the time of purchase. It stayed in the box for most of the summer while we sold tickets. By the time we drew the winning ticket the warranty had expired. The winner, (and her wife) went to his house to pick up the still sealed in the box TV. He loaded the box in their car and congratulated the winner, (and her wife) and sent them on their merry way.
    That night we recieved a phone call from the winner that the screen on the TV was busted. Our organization had to shell out another $450 to purchase another TV for the winner, (and her wife)
    This, because he: 1- did not check the TV at the time of purchase, 2- never checked the TV while the warranty was in effect, and 3- did not check the TV just before loading into the winners, (and her wifes) car.
    Pardon my ignorance, and certainly not defending the lunkhead in question--but how does one test a new in box/sealed TV? That thing should work out of the box even if a summer has passed! That manufacturer should have had to replace with or without receipt... World's shortest mfg warranty? Sounds like a heavy case of bad luck.

  3. #18
    Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

    Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000
    1,965
    743 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DFW_THer View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, and certainly not defending the lunkhead in question--but how does one test a new in box/sealed TV? That thing should work out of the box even if a summer has passed! That manufacturer should have had to replace with or without receipt... World's shortest mfg warranty? Sounds like a heavy case of bad luck.
    Brad, he should have opened the box and plugged in the TV as soon as he got it home from the store. If the screen was bad he would have had plenty of time to take it back. He should have at least tested the thing before the 30 day store warranty expired since the manufacturers warranty doesn't cover the screen. He should have tested it minutes before loading it into the winners car because the winner, (and her wife) had about an eighty mile drive so they may have caused the damage themselves on the trip back home. Because lunkhead NEVER tested it, we'll never know.
    DFW_THer and A2coins like this.
    When detectors are outlawed, only outlaws will have detectors

  4. #19
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

    Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    11,304
    11991 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Why do people pay ridiculas prices for some thing that's old uncomfortable ugly lol good find thank god for collectors
    Hawks88 and Greastart like this.
    Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $5.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.50 for small 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)


    SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

  5. #20
    Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

    Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000
    1,965
    743 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Why do people pay ridiculas prices for some thing that's old uncomfortable ugly lol good find thank god for collectors
    Councill Craftsmen started making furniture in the 1980's or 90's so it really isn't very old. Comfortable? I guess for having tea with spinster Aunt Mabel but definitely not for binge watching Netflix

    I was told that the chair sold in last Saturdays auction but I did not attend because I did not want to run into Lunkhead. The auction house owners went on vacation and I will find out the selling price on Monday when they return.
    Last edited by GopherDaGold; Sep 14, 2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Drmad7 likes this.
    When detectors are outlawed, only outlaws will have detectors

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Error coin, a dime struck onto a nail, is headed to auction
    By jeff of pa in forum Treasure In The News!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec 21, 2015, 09:25 PM
  2. My Best Auction Ever :) Paid $1
    By Junk_Puppet in forum Garage Sale Finds!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jun 11, 2015, 01:50 PM
  3. Infamous A.C. house headed to auction
    By jeff of pa in forum Treasure In The News!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2014, 01:11 PM
  4. A humble 5-cent coin with a storied past is headed to auction
    By CurlysGold in forum Treasure In The News!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2013, 08:28 AM
  5. it paid these kids to go to school, it paid their lawyer more
    By jeff of pa in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2010, 08:01 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0