Nice pen at my favorite store

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Got lucky at the GW after work and grabbed 3 Cutco utensils for 99 cents each and then searched a cart of stuff and got a decent looking fountain pen. I grabbed it because it was unique and had a 14K nib. Upon checking out, a guy in line behind me mentioned that he looked at the pen and thought pieces were missing. I then showed him how to push out the nib and he was shocked and showed his friend. His friend told me how lucky I was to get the pen and his buddy was sad that he thought it was broken and left it behind. From what I can tell, it’s a Pilot Namiki Octadecagon Vanishing Point pen. I paid 99 cents and they sell for over $100 on eBay. WhooHoo!
View attachment 1626398

Last edited:

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score - especially at gw.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Love those fountain pens.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah those gw's don't seem to be on to the old pens yet, like they are on gold, silver and vintage watches. I've picked up a couple of old pens at the big box stores so far. I still have a Parker 51 with the box I got for less than 5 bucks I think it was. I still haven't found any Cutco Cutlery yet, but because of this forum I know now to look for them.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find, congratulations! :hello2:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I find Cutco once every 2 or 3 months at garage sales or Estate sales. Typically, I save up a bunch, and send them in to be refurbished or replaced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread