Maybe they should not have sold it to me...

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
This bejeweled item came out on a cart as I was about to leave GW. Since it was $5.99, I had to have it. The cashier called her manager because she was sure she could not sell it. I said “I’ve bought jars of jewelry here and found a bullet in the jar...it happens sometimes.” The manager said it was ok to sel. So I bought it. I’m guessing the person who drilled a divot to glue rhinestones into the bullets just thought this would be cute. I have no idea what I will do with it!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536102221.493014.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536102239.966099.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it was made into a belt

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the indents mean they are dummy rounds, never had powder or live primer

CaptnJohn

Sep 4, 2018
SE NC & FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Anyone that reloads ~~ pull the bullet, empty the powder and the machine will push out the primer. Then simply run the case to get the bullet seated properly. Still nothing I'd recommend but doable. Drilling the primer would likely see something best never seen especially if powder and bullet were still intact.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone that reloads ~~ pull the bullet, empty the powder and the machine will push out the primer. Then simply run the case to get the bullet seated properly. Still nothing I'd recommend but doable. Drilling the primer would likely see something best never seen especially if powder and bullet were still intact.

If you blow the picture up you can see the drill marks. There were never any primers in them. The indents on the sides show they are fake too, like mentioned above.

I agree though! No way would I want to drill a primer of a live round. :laughing7:

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If these were rendered live they would most likely jam in the chamber when the wrinkles expanded outward. Cosmetic kitsch!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If these were rendered live they would most likely jam in the chamber when the wrinkles expanded outward. Cosmetic kitsch!

They would just fire form! :laughing7: If I had one, drill for a primer, I'd try it and report back! haha May be solid though.

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info everyone. I think I’ll list them as “punk bullet stuff” and see what happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread