Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know very little about Art. Lately, when I'm out running around I look for real paintings. Doesn't matter by who, I just want real paintings and something that I look at and say.."They did a good Job on this..". I haven't found too many, a couple that were priced way out of my comfort zone, as something to try to resell.

I never look at prints, there are so many, and I know nothing at all about them......Until! I found this. It grabbed me and I like it! It may be worth 50 cents for all I know. I bought it at Goodwill, and the attention it got while walking through the store and out to the parking lot? I know I'll be able to sell it!!! But....How much? How many were made? Is it mass produced? etc...questions go through my head.

I like it, I can't keep it because of the household, and will probably take to a flea market......For those of you out there, how common is something like this? And what would you put on it at a sale?

Nothing written on it, it's not the best quality, but not too horrible either.....Stands about 3ft tall 2 ft wide, as a really rough guess, heavy black pressed wood frame. Printed on a kind of textured surface, to look felty(?)...or like it's on material.

times 002.JPG

I don't know how to rotate...

I also bought a "painting" that in the store I swore was real. Once I got it out in the sun? I can see that it's a print. I think that one is getting donated back.:laughing7: As a real painting would have been amazing, but as a print? Doesn't get my attention like the one above.

Here's the mistake that I thought was a real painting, until I looked closer.... It does have the original price tag of $599 on the back, but as a print just doesn't seem as amazing as if it were a painting. The one above fits many more age groups, interpretations, etc....It had more of a draw to me even being a fake or print, and don't think it would be hard to sell even if it's cheap.
painting 001.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daveed Benito "two faces" poster.

Thank you!!!! I had no idea where to head!!! I don't know enough about this kind of stuff.

Thanks again!

I'll throw $30 on it at the fleamarket and if I get $20 that will be great!! Wish I could keep it but....it will cause too many problems in the house....:laughing7:

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!!!! I had no idea where to head!!! I don't know enough about this kind of stuff.

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice going GibH.

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going GibH.

Yes!! There are some smart people on this site. No matter what subject? Someone Knows!!!

Thanks again! GibH..I would have never found that!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!! There are some smart people on this site. No matter what subject? Someone Knows!!!

Thanks again! GibH..I would have never found that!

Thanks for the shout out, but these were really easy with a google image search. Another good site is https://www.tineye.com/

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the shout out, but these were really easy with a google image search. Another good site is https://www.tineye.com/

Hey!! It's way, way more than I could figure out!! :laughing7: I couldn't even figure out how to rotate the pic let alone try to even figure out how to use google image. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread