Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s dumb but it’s a good way for them to make money they are probably just using eBay. I’d ask at the store.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
They won't answer me. They've lied to me telling me all the local stores have jewelry, when not a single one does. I found the account on Ebay. The woman quit in Sept. Starting Oct 1, they have had a bunch of gold and silver auctions. So they are pulling all the gold and silver. Who knows what they are doing with the rest of the stuff. It's not online. It's not in the local stores. (I almost make vintage jewelry art, so I look for vintage pieces, which is another reason I'm annoyed.) I've taken SA off my search list locally. I won't be going into their stores any more. I'm not the only treasure hunter who won't use them for anything at all.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, sometimes ya just gotta move on. Don't loose all hope though. I've seen some TS go to the online thing before and then the person who took it that direction up and quits and then they go back to setting thing out like gold and silver back in store, because no one wants to deal with all the hassle of listing, packing, shipping and dealing with buyers who don't pay or want to return things.

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I googled and this link came up: https://www.shopthesalvationarmy.org/ I've also seen individual SA stores that sell on eBay. From a pickers point of view it's not good. However, thrift stores are not in the business of providing deals for their picker customers. Their goal is to sell donated items at the highest price possible and use the proceeds to fund their mission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions