Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone recognize the maker's mark on these? I've found a few pieces with the same mark, but none of them have the maker's name. Looks to be an M with a stylized D. They are sterling, onyx, and marcasite.

earring2.jpg earring1.jpg

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s the Marsala jewelry mark. I see it frequently as well. I was never able to determine if it sells at a premium.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s the Marsala jewelry mark. I see it frequently as well. I was never able to determine if it sells at a premium.

Thank you! Even if it doesn't command a premium, I'm sure I can get my dollar back :)

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well scooter, the difference between you and me is I didn't take pictures, come home and ask for someone else to research it for me before going back to the store and buying. I see this forum as a great exchange of information, not a crutch. I've also spent many hours helping others here when I am able, have you?

If you hadn't noticed, I was the first to offer an opinion on your Tiffany bracelet thread. Like I said, I'm done with you,

Last edited by a moderator:

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Well scooter, the difference between you and me is I didn't take pictures, come home and ask for someone else to research it for me before going back to the store and buying. I see this forum as a great exchange of information, not a crutch. I've also spent many hours helping others here when I am able, have you?

If you hadn't noticed, I was the first to offer an opinion on your Tiffany bracelet thread. Like I said, I'm done with you, so kindly keep off threads I start.

Happy leech...err...hunting.

Hahaha maybe don’t dish out the treatment you don’t wish to receive in return.. loser. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm disappointed this wasn't about Makers Mark.....the bourbon.

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013

If you hadn't noticed, I was the first to offer an opinion on your Tiffany bracelet thread. Like I said, I'm done with you, so kindly keep off threads I start.

Happy leech...err...hunting.

Hey you know what. I want to apologize. I was wrong in reacting the way I did from the beginning. And I shouldn’t have called you a name.
Life is hard enough on its own and to have a place of fun and entertainment, as well as an outlet such as treasurenet to become a negative place would not be beneficial.
You’re right, I should have searched harder.
If you ever see me post something and you have something to say, I would be more than happy to hear your input.
If you still feel like you want me to stay away from your posts, I will do so.

But again, just wanted to apologize.

Goldmedalexchange

Aug 31, 2012
St Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you know what. I want to apologize. I was wrong in reacting the way I did from the beginning. And I shouldn’t have called you a name.
Life is hard enough on its own and to have a place of fun and entertainment, as well as an outlet such as treasurenet to become a negative place would not be beneficial.
You’re right, I should have searched harder.
If you ever see me post something and you have something to say, I would be more than happy to hear your input.
If you still feel like you want me to stay away from your posts, I will do so.

But again, just wanted to apologize.

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for humbly realizing and correcting any errors with your post. It shows that you respect this forum for what it is intended to be.

My only other comment is that TreasureNet is an amazing resource for information about things we singularly may know little about, but collectively have a massive reservoir of knowledge about. The only other method I personally found that has been a better way to learn if something is "worth it" or "a good deal" is to take an educated gamble (especially when it comes to the precious metals). I always look at anything I buy that I am uncertain about and weigh whether or not it would be worth if or how bad it would sting me if it were fake or worthless. And trust me I've bought tons of stuff that was fake hoping it could be a big score... been skunked on jewelry jars, plated trays and things of that sort. What it taught me was how to not make that some mistake again... taught me which marks are good and which ones aren't.

I understand if it's a fairly large purchase and you'd like some input before pulling the trigger or if you're working with a smaller bankroll and can't take as much risk, but if it's not going to bankrupt you, gamble the $.99 on finding out if the spoon you found might be real, or $2.00 to figure out if the hallmarks on that tray means it's real or fake.

I've always liked how TNet has members at every level of the hobby and almost everyone is willing to help out if there is a bit of information to share or a lesson to teach. Keep doing your thing and soon, you'll be the one stating on other post if you think something is real or fake or whether they made a good deal.

Just my $.02
Happy Hunting all

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentleman
I came into to start moderating this post. As I read it, it was not sounding good. I want to thank both of you for settling your dispute in a civil manner. We all get testy. I type sometimes and have to think ..Do I want to say that?
Kudos to both of you!
Thanks
TnMtns

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentleman
I came into to start moderating this post. As I read it, it was not sounding good. I want to thank both of you for settling your dispute in a civil manner. We all get testy. I type sometimes and have to think ..Do I want to say that?
Kudos to both of you!
Thanks
TnMtns

Same here, I was all Ready to Start Deleting Posts When I Saw the Apology.
as Both sides took it too Far.
F.Y.I.

Nothing wrong with Choosing us over Google.

That's what we are here for :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for settling it like adults before a mod stepped in, we dont like to have to step in but will if need and then one or all parties end up not liking the results.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you left the post where he called Gib a loser. Content needed I guess for substance? That was nice of you.

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
At least you left the post where he called Gib a loser. Content needed I guess for substance? That was nice of you.

Probably so people could see why I apologized..
if anything I Hope this thread helps people realize the importance of treating others with respect even if they rub you the wrong way..
that’s one lesson I learned.. contention solves nothing

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing7: It's all good dig, not worth the time pointing out the inconsistencies.

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drats, and here I thought someone needed help drinking a bottle of Makers Mark

Top Member Reactions