Need help with artist ID

Loko750

Greenie
Aug 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today at the local dump shop. Got there late and was not expecting much of anything to be left. Then this caught my eye as I was going through the costume jewelry basket! It's a long way from home! My research says it's northwestern US/Canada native art 14k on Sterling all the way over here in Aus. But I can not find artist and I have looked long and hard. Anyways any help appreciated. Oh the price $1.50 😀

Attachments

• IMG_20190125_130819.jpg
    IMG_20190125_130819.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20190125_131334.jpg
    IMG_20190125_131334.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't ID it, but it looks like an RB. Ralph Burgess maybe? I can't find anything that shows his mark to say one way or the other.

Your best bet may be to reach out to a gallery that may be able to ID the mark. you could try https://coastalpeoples.com/

I hope you find out, looks like it could be worth quite a bit.

OP
OP
L

Loko750

Greenie
Aug 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I will send them an email and see what comes of it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice piece, good luck on the ID! :occasion14:

OP
OP
L

Loko750

Greenie
Aug 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well no luck on the ID so far Ralph Burgess was a good guess but apparently he only ever engraves his signature with hand tools, not with a rotary tool like mine is I have sent about a dozen emails to various galleries but no luck yet. Well no joy on the artist's name I have had a couple of replies that included valuations of between $250 and $450US so not a bad buy at a little over $1US:laughing7:. Still want to name artist if possible can make a huge difference in pricing. Anyways the hunt continues a couple of the gallery people are going to on send my photographs to others in the know so now it's just a waiting game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Loko750

Greenie
Aug 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well looks like the search may be over got an email back saying Richard Baker from the Squamish nation is the artist. Have sent the man himself an email with photos to get a definately yes or no. Thanks for all the help.

OP
OP
L

Loko750

Greenie
Aug 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes got a confirmation email from the artist himself today mission complete.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes got a confirmation email from the artist himself today mission complete.

Good job on the research and persistence. It should do quite well if sell it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions