Thrift Store Score! Marigold Fiesta-ware

mudkicker

Mar 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600//Tek-Point Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang! Stopped in at the local Thrift Store today and they had a 50% off sale going on. Lucky for us they had some treasure there waiting for us. We got 5 Marigold Fiesta cups and plates for $1.25 a piece or a total of $12.50 for all 10 pieces.

This is the Marigold Color which was only run for 75 weeks on Homer Laughlins 75th anniversary so its sort of limited.

SCORE!

Heres the pictures. Sorry about the light. I'll take some in better light.

Attachments

• IMG-3593.JPG
    IMG-3593.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG-3594.JPG
    IMG-3594.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG-3595.JPG
    IMG-3595.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 137

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never see fiesta around here. Great score and thanks for the tip.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds, congrats! :occasion14:

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glassware is the one item type that you can find great pieces for cheap prices on a fairly consistent basis. I found a set of 4 watermelon etched depression glasses this weekend for .50 each ($60.00 sold prices on Ebay for set of 4) and a set of Waterford tall ruby goblets for $2 each with a $49 each with shipping price on Ebay. I have a couple of dozen Starbucks mugs I have to list soon, I usually find them 2 for $1. I'm waiting for yard sale season to get here, but spring cleaning season seems to be well underway.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like the modern"repro" Fiesta. Is that the case?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homer Laughlin from 1936-1973, but the "lead free" part also leads me to believe later.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like the modern"repro" Fiesta. Is that the case?

Discontinued but in production from 2008-2012. I see lots of Fiesta at my local GW but I leave it alone unless I buy it for myself to use. Resale values have tanked. Pottery also.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discontinued but in production from 2008-2012. I see lots of Fiesta at my local GW but I leave it alone unless I buy it for myself to use. Resale values have tanked. Pottery also.

Agreed.

IF its glass or pottery... you can have it.

Glass has tanked to the point of dollars... UNLESS its a rarer named piece.

Now... I am still looking for a NCP piece :)

And older Pyrex still sells for glass.

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang! Stopped in at the local Thrift Store today and they had a 50% off sale going on. Lucky for us they had some treasure there waiting for us. We got 5 Marigold Fiesta cups and plates for $1.25 a piece or a total of $12.50 for all 10 pieces.

This is the Marigold Color which was only run for 75 weeks on Homer Laughlins 75th anniversary so its sort of limited.

SCORE!

Heres the pictures. Sorry about the light. I'll take some in better light.

Looking at some sold prices, you did very well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiesta-Fie...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I buy Fiestaware anytime I see it cheap. It doesn't sell near as fast as my Pyrex, but it does sell.
Fiestaware for a decent prices is harder to find, but sells quickly as I don't overprice it. My moderate movers are Fenton, Fostoria etc. Hard to sell are EAPG, brilliant cut glass and uranium glass. The can't give it away category is pink and yellow depression glass.
I have exceptions to the above but for general categories this has been my recent experience.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now Aarc,are you telling me that you would turn down a piece of George Ohr pottery.If you never heard of him i highly suggest you keep your eyes open for some.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Aarc,are you telling me that you would turn down a piece of George Ohr pottery.If you never heard of him i highly suggest you keep your eyes open for some.

Definitely watch out for his work. I say pottery has tanked but he and several others are the exception to the rule.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread