Tiffany. Real or dud?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there any surefire way to know if a Tiffany piece is actually a Tiffany piece?
Does this stamp look legit?
20190224_105656_HDR.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say from just one pic, but I'll go with fake. The logo should be centered, that looks like it is closer on the right side. The letters all run together, and no spacing at all between Tiffany, the ampersand, and Co.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m gonna say real. That is the inside stamp of the mesh bracelet I’m guessing. It’s called Somerset. I’ve run across a couple of rings as well as a bracelet in that pattern. And sometimes they didn’t have the full mark, but “T&C” and Tiffany authenticated them when I got them polished and cleaned. I could be wrong, but I would think it’s real. If you have a Tiffany store nearby, you can get it authenticated by asking them to clean and polish it. If they say they cannot, it is their way of saying it is fake. I’ve been to my store enough that they will simply tell me if a piece is real or not. And show me why it’s fake.

Last edited:

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do an acid test

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I say real. The bag is authentic as well. And when I sell Tiffany, I get it polished at the store and ask for a pouch and bag. But I KEEP the boxes to sell with a really good piece in the future. Tiffany only gives out the box with original purchase. So they are hard to come by. You can even sell them separately on eBay.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the bag is definitely real. That's why I said it's hard to judge from just one pic. Even that photo was hard to judge, it doesn't show the whole tag.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it!
The better 98% confiscated all of it! :BangHead:

That’s ok. I always say if I can find good gold or silver for pennies on the dollar and my wife likes it, take it!! I don’t always feel that I have to resell if it’s something that one of us wants. That’s a damn fine Tiffany score that she can keep for years to come. And later on down the road it’ll be worth even more.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions