Antique Indian Territory Railroad Photo album

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
went to a local antique store. Picked up this wonderful 8x10 inch photograph album made by the “Indian Territory Traction Company”. Circa 1903 as this line was completed from Mcalester to Krebs. Rare to find these albums and was a great day for me, I haven’t been out much due to some health issues . This and a few other photograph finds made my day.

25 original photographs total. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551593706.031877.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551593723.865890.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551593734.498358.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551593747.666879.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that is absolutely wonderful and I bet super rare. I hope you feel better

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats really cool Now get better soon my Friend

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. I too am drawn to old photos and photo album books found in antique stores. I was just flipping through a stack of old family photos in a basket at a indoor flea market last Saturday. I didn't buy and, but I like the ones where the folks are standing by or sitting in their car, which many look like it was their new pride and joy of many years ago. I also like the old photos of trains. I should start collecting them, as most are priced under a dollar. How nice there's a caption on that aerial photo, because without it you might wonder how in the heck did they do that in 1903.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find. I too am drawn to old photos and photo album books found in antique stores. I was just flipping through a stack of old family photos in a basket at a indoor flea market last Saturday. I didn't buy and, but I like the ones where the folks are standing by or sitting in their car, which many look like it was their new pride and joy of many years ago. I also like the old photos of trains. I should start collecting them, as most are priced under a dollar. How nice there's a caption on that aerial photo, because without it you might wonder how in the heck did they do that in 1903.

You would be surprised at the value of old photographs. It is the main thing I focus on finding. I love the variety, the instant snapshot into the past, and the visceral feeling I get looking at images from 100 years or more ago. The other great thing with old photos is there is no easy way to look up and determine value. Many are unique or one of a kind. It is based on experience and that is where my edge is.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would be surprised at the value of old photographs. It is the main thing I focus on finding. I love the variety, the instant snapshot into the past, and the visceral feeling I get looking at images from 100 years or more ago. The other great thing with old photos is there is no easy way to look up and determine value. Many are unique or one of a kind. It is based on experience and that is where my edge is.
Indeed I've reviewed the sold prices of old photos on eBay and yes some are really astonishing what they go for. I think I better start picking up some I see. I once came across a family photo album that looked to be a trip out west on the train around the 1880s, 90s... They were visiting places like Pikes Peak when the Cog RR took you to the top of Pikes Peak by a cog traction steam engine, which is on display now in Manitou Springs, Colo. It was like 50 bucks for the album full old pics and I only had a thought of buying, but didn't.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a storage unit one time (only time). I found a photo of a WW2 Flying Ace. Some one had listed all of the planes he shot down, date and location. Sold it for $10. Ever since I have been on the look out for old photos. The ones I find are late 50 or 60s. Family pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions