14k bangle bracelet and a decent sterling bracelet?

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today was an awful day for rain... made my rounds and I was the first customer in two of three stores! The second store yielded some sterling priced fairly. The last store I managed to get this 14k bangle for the whopping price of $3.79.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555276703.379961.jpg

The stamp was visible plain as day though. At the jewelry counter a lady came up interested in that piece and this sterling bracelet which weighs 35 grams which was also bought for the same price. Then when I was checking out she came up and tried to buy them off of me, she pulled out a twenty roflmfao! Picture is misleading, looks like gold plating was rubbed off but that is just the lighting.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555277156.540447.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555277169.723868.jpg

So without her really seeing the pieces to examine for herself I really got the vibe that she was tipped off on some merchandise.... then she had the audacity to try and swindle me saying “I’ll give you more than your buying it for!” I replied with “150 and it’s yours ma’am” she then told me that’s too much....but it really isn’t since it weighs almost 12 grams. I think she got the hint.

Glad I sorta know what I’m doing lol

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555277499.465244.jpg

Ok so I payed way more than what I would for a piece of sterling but here is this one. There is no way the stones could be real but it is marked 925 cn fzn ...: acid test positive.

Anyone think this is worth reselling or that I would get anything decent for it?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555277819.037423.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555277735.567431.jpg

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're doing very well! Fortunately for you, whoever is pricing that stuff doesn't have a clue. Good eye!

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing very well! Fortunately for you, whoever is pricing that stuff doesn't have a clue. Good eye!

Thanks Kray, unfortunately I got a speeding ticket right after.... bye bye profit....

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha

SCpicker

Jan 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m concerned about the 0 before the 14k. Most bangles are gold filled and it looks like the 1/20 could be wore off? Anyways definitely test it to be sure. Nice finds.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nice 14ktp (kayak plumb) bangle just like that.

They are them hollow, thin, and composed of nice gold.

Scooooooore!

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any opinions on what I could get for the large sterling bracelet WITH CZs?

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m concerned about the 0 before the 14k. Most bangles are gold filled and it looks like the 1/20 could be wore off? Anyways definitely test it to be sure. Nice finds.

I was too, but it is a completely hollow piece and tests positive with acid. So, right where the mark is, is where the bracelet rubs against the clasp extension as it is closed.... I have no idea what was worn down over the years

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

lucky6

Jun 11, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Dfx Spectrum
Gold wears down to gold...I’m sorry but I am certain that this bracelet is gold-filled....you have to test under the surface because the outer plate will test positive for gold...but once you get past the top layer your acid will eat right through the base metal

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold wears down to gold...I’m sorry but I am certain that this bracelet is gold-filled....you have to test under the surface because the outer plate will test positive for gold...but once you get past the top layer your acid will eat right through the base metal

In my text I said the one pic was misleading, I couldn’t get a good close up unless I was outside. just the blue sky reflecting on it. Here is a better picture. Gold store offered to give me 143 dollars for it.

In the picture that has you certain that this is plated you can also notice the inside of the bracelet (out of focus) reflecting that same sky because those surfaces were at the same angle when the photo was taken.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556497289.128627.jpg

I also took a file to it on the inside to the left of the hinge, still gold.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556497337.247655.jpg

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting