Ended the gold drought!

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This town has been good to me as far as detecting and goodwill shopping goes...I’ll be headed out to Killeen Texas in November so I hope Texas thrift shops have some hidden treasures!

I decided I would hit all the goodwills on the way home... it’s funny because I was actually saying to myself this is the day I’ll find something since it had been a while.

When I walked in and saw this ring I was 99% sure it was real looking from behind the glass... see these a lot in the pawn shops around here. Only question was did THEY know because I couldn’t see if they had it priced accordingly. Once I got it and saw the tag I was like sweet, but couldn’t see a mark. Pulled out my loupe and there is a faint 10 remaining from a poorly done resize.

I’ll try to post a pic of the marking for people to see what I spotted but the last time I tried to get good lighting in the sun I was told my bracelet was fake.

Here it is.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561155670.876572.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561155710.654369.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561155724.878742.jpg

Best I could get with two hands

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561156350.938202.jpg

Last edited:

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Find!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the GOLD! :occasion14:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell ya !! 3.59 keeper. Nice work vhoov....congrats !!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still looking. They're getting really good at seeing no gold makes it to the show case's in my area and the one church run TS, got em lady on staff now that's pretty knowledgeable of vintage jewelry. She prices it all at around spot value, which I'll buy at her price, if it's a well made unique piece I know will sell over scrap price.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still looking. They're getting really good at seeing no gold makes it to the show case's in my area and the one church run TS, got em lady on staff now that's pretty knowledgeable of vintage jewelry. She prices it all at around spot value, which I'll buy at her price, if it's a well made unique piece I know will sell over scrap price.

It is definitely getting harder out there. More ppl w more knowledge everyday. I’ve recently been doing well in super upscale neighborhoods where ppl don’t mind selling a $50 item for a $1 because $50 just doesn’t matter to them.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree but it's out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread