Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stuff not sold at yard sales has been making it to GW. The local GW donation room is stacked to the ceiling (no kidding). What do they bring out on their little cart, plastic bowls, one large stuffed animal and 2 decks of playing cards. Well GW needs to use those cards cause someone is not playing with a full deck. Also I was looking at a broken down entertainment center, price $54.45. GW manager says we have a dolly for you take the cabinet with you, being the smart a$$ that I am sometimes, I said that price you have on it is what I paid for it new. She just kept walking. I would not take it if they gave it to me, it was in that bad of condition. GW is really out of control on their prices. Soap box has been put up.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like anything of actual value they put on their auction site...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Thrift stores in my area think all of the Donated stuff is worth top dollar. :dontknow:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate GW. Other then giving my kids $20 to buy clothes... I wish some of the other places would advertise more. Salvation Army seems like its going out of business with in the next six months here. So much broken crap on the shelves..

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They all seem to ask top dollar

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do well at our local goodwills. I did take a jaunt to our closest community aid Monday evening.... $44.99 USED NIKES??!!! [emoji15][emoji2375]

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I hate GW. Other then giving my kids $20 to buy clothes... I wish some of the other places would advertise more. Salvation Army seems like its going out of business with in the next six months here. So much broken crap on the shelves..

"Sally's" in McAllen went the other way. Only real fancy stuff displayed when I was back in March, and at high prices. I assume they got new management with delusions of grandeur.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stuff not sold at yard sales has been making it to GW. The local GW donation room is stacked to the ceiling (no kidding). What do they bring out on their little cart, plastic bowls, one large stuffed animal and 2 decks of playing cards. Well GW needs to use those cards cause someone is not playing with a full deck. Also I was looking at a broken down entertainment center, price $54.45. GW manager says we have a dolly for you take the cabinet with you, being the smart a$$ that I am sometimes, I said that price you have on it is what I paid for it new. She just kept walking. I would not take it if they gave it to me, it was in that bad of condition. GW is really out of control on their prices. Soap box has been put up.

Change here but the sad thing is I see people paying up for this crap

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two GW’s in my area don’t price in house , they send it all out to a processing center to get priced and then items are sent to other GW’s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread