Hallmark help

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I recognize this as a hallmark but can you help me out. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568233052.575301.jpg

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a silverplate piece made by the Crescent Silverware Mfg. Co. of Port Jervis, New York.

The marks are part of the individual trademark used by Crescent to customize their own production. They have no translation in the way that English hallmarks would, where one mark represents the date and one mark represents the city of origin, for example.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568234840.317995.jpg

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lucky6

Jun 11, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Dfx Spectrum
S.P.C. Is the abbreviation for Silver-Plated Copper on any piece of holloware ...N.S. Is the abbreviation for Nickel Silver...E.P.N.S..is the abbreviation for Electro-Plated Nickel Silver....Inlaid Silver is a fancy way of saying plated silver...Alpaca and German Silver have little to no silver content....if the items are not marked with known internationally recognized sterling or silver content marks or not marked Sterling or .925 or 925/1000...the chances are decreasing that the metal has Silver content...it is a great approach to first educate yourself with the hallmarks of precious metals and then start pursuing items made of silver ...hope this helps...www.925-1000.com

OP
OP
H

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew about the abbreviations. I was confused partially since there was some kind of hallmark and 201 under the hallmark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread