B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569861355.897043.jpg

This is what a collection of Rose Bowl Watches look like!

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This would make a great special interest news story...

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So he collects the watches that he received during his career?

Well, probably not. Was just saying that this is what A collection of rose bowl watches look like. Not necessarily meaning his collection.

Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well done sir!!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JimDon helped me with this.. this guy, Randy Hart was given a watch he was awarded to him that he gave his father who he wore since the time he won it In the 1970 rose bowl. Watch # 2 at this point in his life. Ive sold tons of stuff online. Over 13,000 items but this seemed different. Like I was meant to get it. I mean, I told the guys at the thrift store I’d buy the junk bags after they searched them. I just wanted the junk jewelry for my antique booth. (I give them 50% on anything I sell on line). 18 bags at $10 each. Nothing. Bag 19, 4 grams of 18k. Bag 20. This watch... just a watch that didn’t run so hot.... needed a service. We do a quick research, and this man has been an instance coach for 5O yrs in college football. Called Ohio state.. 4 days later call Stanford and talked to the head of athletics. Me; Just some smoe calling about something I found in a junk bag!

*** after I contacted him I found out that his dad passed away 4 yrs ago where I live, his watch was stolen. So i was the random guy that said, hey, I think I have something of yours... he has been LOOKING for it and never thought he would see it again

So here we are. We have talked
On the phone, I told him I wanted nothing for his watch (even though I probably could’ve sold it on eBay for $400+. ) this man who coached so many kids for 50 yrs was so happy to have a piece of his family history back.

I have a pic of him with the watch that I won’t show. A signed personal letter also. He sent a check saying to cover shipping and go to Starbucks.. (which my daughter is holding me too) I’m happy with the outcome. And I thank you Jim for encouraging me to reach out!

My son loves football, loves it. This note is something that can help him

Be encouraged by one of the best!
It was never about the $. Just giving a legend his history back. And I’m happy with that!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1570079723.948665.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here’s some irony. I sent this coach a text who watched my adopted sons cousin play against his team. And That his letter May make my son better than what he is today.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great ending to the story. I’m not sure why you’re giving me any credit whatsoever though. It was all you

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting read on how this all transpired. Definitely worthy of an honorable mention.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread