Lord Elgin with a twist...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought some junk bags today at a thrift store. And they were junk too. Nothing much of value. Until the last bag... lord Elgin 10k gold filled watch from 1971 Ohio state championship Rose Bowl game!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569022346.935120.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569022377.492770.jpg

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Still alive, coached at OSU under Woody Hayes, looks to be the same guy: [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Hart[/FONT]

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still alive, coached at OSU under Woody Hayes, looks to be the same guy: [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Hart[/FONT]

I’m gonna find him and return it or try. It’s an awesome watch. But it’s not my history.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woody Hayes was a nut case. I remember watching the game where he hit and tried choking the kid who intercepted a pass that ended the Gator bowl. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. :laughing7:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if you find him! I have a UCLA Pacific Coast Conference Championship ( Pac 10 predecessor) watch from 1946 Jack Brown He unfortunately is not alive. It was given to me by him. UCLA Museum wants it, they can't have it

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if you find him! I have a UCLA Pacific Coast Conference Championship ( Pac 10 predecessor) watch from 1946 Jack Brown He unfortunately is not alive. It was given to me by him. UCLA Museum wants it, they can't have it

That’s awesome! I’d keep this if he was not alive, Thought I’d give it a shot. So far striking out and I’m ok with keeping it.

It’s crazy cool to have something like that though. 1946 is getting back there too! Nice conversation piece.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool piece of college football! :occasion14:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All right so I contacted the guy mentioned above. And he said he would try however while he was looking for Coach Hart information I contacted Ohio State University. They didn’t have any record on him updated but she told me to call Stanford University where he last worked at. I talked to the operator and I told him my situation and he said hang on I know just who to contact. So I left a voicemail with some guy in the athletic department. Heard nothing all day figured I wouldn’t, about 7 o’clock tonight I get a missed call and I don’t recognize the number. So I call it back and on the other line is Randy Hart!

His family comes down to where I live and have since the 1920s. He said his father passed away and when they went to get the watch he was wearing it was gone. This was almost 2 years ago. So he searches eBay hoping to find it. Until now. I’m sending it out to him tomorrow!

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
That is AWESOME!!! Great to hear The results Beachkid! My wife attend OSU and my son is a freshman this year! OSU alumni are serious about their history! Great find!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention great story and return

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread