Right Place at the Right Time.... Twice!!

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a coin roll hunter, but may be I may just start going to GW's and thrift stores more often.. Anyway this past Friday I picked up my normal two boxes of coins and drove to GW behind bank and started searching.. Found nothing in the boxes so locked car and walked inside GW... I went to where they usually have all their silver plated stuff and all seems pretty normal so started to walk to other aisle when I see one of the workers with a cart passing by me going to the same aisle I was before.. He started putting stuff away and he walked away from his cart just enough time for me to do a little digging in his cart. Immediately I spot a bag with flatware and what caught my eye was one spoon that said sterling.. I get the bag and walk to other side and started pulling contents from bag.. My jaw just dropped and went straight to pay. I give the bag to cashier and he was like.. "You having a good Friday?" Yeah its ok so far... He gives me my change and I leave. I throw contents in car and pull out 8 Sterling forks, 1 sterling butter knife, 4 sterling spoons, 3 sterling knives, and 4 silver plated spoons. I couldn't believe it. I was super stoked and then I wonder what did I miss? Next day I go have breakfast with my girlfriend and I said let me stopped here for a minute.. Same Good Will. Walked in and went back to same aisle. Al seems like the same except there was this large platter. Oh my Gawd!!! Sterling Reed and Barton Platter. Found nothing else, went straight to pay and my girlfriend ask what I found and show her. I just can't believe it. Two days in a row that I found some sterling silver at the same Good Will!! I paid $8.00 for the bag of flatware and $4.00 for the platter.. Hope you guys like the pics.. 20191008_163138.jpg 20191004_171353.jpg 20191008_163241.jpg 20191008_163323.jpg 20191008_163415.jpg 20191008_163458.jpg 20191008_163626.jpg 20191008_163711.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you. I hit a couple T stores just a bit ago and got nothing. Slim pickings for me lately. :(

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Great for you!! Twice! I just picked up a bag of 9 sterling forks from my favorite GW two days ago! But majority were monogrammed. Yours are matching and non-monogrammed! Excellent! The tray is extra gravy on top!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome. I would be going every day.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We use GW every trip to the larger village. My bride has found some really nice cookware that matches what she already has. I buy $1.95 T- shirts to workout In and mow the dang yard in.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a good day! I've got a few decent finds at thrift stores, but this is pretty great!

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
We use GW every trip to the larger village. My bride has found some really nice cookware that matches what she already has. I buy $1.95 T- shirts to workout In and mow the dang yard in.

Must be nice to have things that cheap. Our local GW sells all men's T-shirts for $5.99 each. For basic shirts, it is actually cheaper to go to the Walmart across the road and see what they have. Women's Ts are $6.99, not sure why they are more.

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Impressive finds! I went to four thrifts yesterday and one today. I have a huge shopping list, and I couldn't find a single item to buy. Everything was junk, overpriced, or a combination of both.

OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gf and I went GW hunting all day today and she found lots of Christmas decorations and things for the house. As for me nada. There is always tomorrow.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds! :occasion14:

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s amazing! The gw’s in my area NEVER put anything like that they must have people checking in the back

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Not much good will in the GoodWill stores. Big for profit organization that have many fooled into thinking they are a charity.

g

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
There are a few things I look for, when I spot something it is priced at top eBay prices. So they check eBay to price. I bought lost treasure books on Amazon and one came from a good will. I even seen an early volume of one of my books listed on Amazon by a good will in Wisconsin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread