Fireplace mantel

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So since the jewelry is gone I’ve decided to get out of my comfort zone. Trying to see what I can do in other areas.

I picked up this mantel for $97 dollars after taxes and sold it for $250

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572955363.206621.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572955395.835235.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed there are other treasures to seek. What approach did you use to turn that around for a profit? Sometimes I take some items immediately to the antique shops. The margins are smaller, but it's a lot less hassle than dealing with selling online imo.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you did very well. You could be a professional "fireplace mantel flipper" !

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed there are other treasures to seek. What approach did you use to turn that around for a profit? Sometimes I take some items immediately to the antique shops. The margins are smaller, but it's a lot less hassle than dealing with selling online imo.

Honestly, I ran into a guy at an estate sale and we got to talking and he convinced me to download Facebook for marketplace. Very easy and everyone is always on it!

Sold that clamper bracelet I posted here for 200 dollars on it as well (bought for ten) as well as some other things. Everything has always been at least double the profit if not tripled.

Also it gives me a good idea of what is selling good locally and I keep an extra eye out for those things.

This one I just took a chance on because it was not a veneer mantel. It was solid wood and a quick google search on my phone in the thrift shop showed similar sized ones going for 700 to 1200 dollars.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good looking mantel and good profit, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions