Consignment store opened.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by today. Had some new jewelry out. Got a qvc Dominique 14 K CZ ring for $10. 4.8 grams. Such a better hobby then buying lotto tickets!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590032645.492984.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife bought quite a few QVC stuff back in the early 90s. After awhile she wasn't wearing it and I told I could get some cash out of it if she didn't wanna wear them anymore. That's what I did with it all as I took it to the local pm buyer. I might have gotten more out of it than she paid, because gold was worth a lot less back when QVC was telemarketing all that gold jewelry. All of it was set with those faux diamond stones.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the store is still giving..
22k gold earrings for $4.95.
3.6 grams In weight.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590461328.822071.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I go to doesnt know silver or gold from a pop bottle lol. Ive Hauled literally lbs of silver and alot of gold out of there .Good to see them opening again.....Tommy

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious where are the markings. I just inherited a large collection of jewelery and I am sorting it this weekend.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Just curious where are the markings. I just inherited a large collection of jewelery and I am sorting it this weekend.

That's a pretty broad question. Most pieces have the hallmarks in a semi-hidden spot. Rings/bracelets generally have the marks inside. Earrings often have marks on the part that goes through the ear. Pins/brooches sometimes have very small marks on the clasp fastener. Pieces that have a lot of wear and/or have been resized may not have marks at all. Separate the obvious costume jewelry from the better looking pieces. Carefully examine the "good stuff" with a magnifying glass under a bright light. Keep in mind that a mark doesn't guarantee the piece is real.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Start with a magnet if you've put it off so far. It'll save you time by removing non precious metal from the equation. Just keep in mind there are magnetic springs in the clasps and that is ok even for gold and silver jewelry. Go back and check the costume later for designer pieces and such - you'd be surprised what some of the costume jewelry can be worth!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions