First Visit to a Thrift in Months

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I was excited to stop in local thrift store. It's been several months since I've visited and the store had all new stock.

I spent time searching through every department except clothing. Jewelry, media, books, electronics, furniture, games, and toys.

My great find: a returnable $0.05 deposit bottle in the parking lot on the way out.

Everything else was junk!

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of thrift stores in my small town are still closed but one just opened a few days ago. I was thinking the same thing as you on visiting it, that everything had been picked over pretty carefully. Still nice to be out and about though.

OP
OP
I

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
It turns out the day wasn't a total waste. On the way back from the store I stopped to dive in a local dumpster and scored some weight plates that I dropped off at a friend's house on the way home. He sold them the next day locally for $80 and we split the money. Dumpster diving produces better results in my area than thrifting.

I agree, it is nice to be out again regardless of success.

Today I stopped at a different thrift. The special section with jewelry and higher priced items was completely empty, and the rest of the store yielded nothing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread