tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Friday I paid $21 and change for this manual-wind, Enicar watch. Its a strong running sud-second, time keeping vintage watch, with a good size 35mm round case and somewhat slim like a more high-end timepiece. Boy some of the other model Enicar models sell pretty high, but this one not so much and maybe worth 50 bucks, as I did find one that sold in that range and it was in a bit worse condition than this watch. The back is stainless and the bezel is made of Duraluminum which is a Alley-min-yon alloy. First and only aluminum watch I've owned and I thought it felt kinda light. The silver pin was in a humane society ts, that just re-opened and it has Birmingham silver hallmarks and a date code for the year 1912 with a marker mark W.Bros. It was $3.00. The pin/pendant combo little gem is unmarked. It has a little enamel fleur-de-lis looking motifs, real pearls and tested as 10k gold. It weighs in at 4 grams and is missing two of the seed pearls. It was marked $7.00 and I get the over 55, 10% off. I'm gonna say it's early 20th century and a gorgeous very well made little piece of vintage jewelry.

Attachments

• 20200621_080425.jpg
    20200621_080425.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pickup...a good deal that only time will tell...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the finds! :icon_thumleft:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. The Enicar watches worth the most are the funky designs.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. The Enicar watches worth the most are the funky designs.
Yeah I see that and along with other makers of the big funk chuck watches of the space age have gotten more in demand. I had a couple, but sold them to early I guess maybe 10 years ago. Should have hung on to them, but I do have a funky orange dial made by Fortis in my collection. I've gotten reluctant in selling timepieces these days, because they're hard to come by cheap these days. Wonder what the vintage watch market will be 20 years from now?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions