WWII sterling silver NAVY sweetheart bracelet

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I bought a jewelry junk bag for seven dollars at our thrift store . There was some scrap gold. But then this was in there. I’m pretty sure it’s World War II. Solid sterling silver. And I got to looking at it today and it opens up!! Had to share!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1599677673.656061.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1599677738.780011.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1599677771.267210.jpg

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is an amazing find. As nice as it is, I would have to try to find the mans family and return it.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find! Kinda looks like Douglas MacArthur
Kudos!
Carl

\NerdyRockGirl/

Sep 6, 2020
Tubac AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
This would excite me to no end to find. I'd want to find out it's history and. What's your story little bracelet. Who gave it to Joseph A. Robinson, was it the same person who gave him the blessing? I'd want to find the family too but families don't always care or remember and some even just die out. Finding them and their story would be part of the "treasure" hunt for me.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would excite me to no end to find. I'd want to find out it's history and. What's your story little bracelet. Who gave it to Joseph A. Robinson, was it the same person who gave him the blessing? I'd want to find the family too but families don't always care or remember and some even just die out. Finding them and their story would be part of the "treasure" hunt for me.

I recently just did this with a watch. Took a while and I had to call a couple of the main universities football programs and track the guy down. He used to be a coach for 30 years in college football. And this one was a Rose Bowl watch from 1970. His dad wore it in Florida and when he passed away, it had got taken somewhere between his home and the funeral home. I ended up finding it in a junk bag at a thrift store the same way I found this bracelet. Took a while but I did find him. He had a whole collection of Rose Bowl watches that he has been awarded. This one was the one he was missing!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great score. I, for one, would make every effort to locate the family. Unfortunately, the circumstances behind the sale makes me think that it was part of a “clean out” of an estate. Might be the case that there isn’t any family left. And sometimes the surviving family members aren’t interested in the family history. No judgment on my part but I’d certainly want to keep it if it belonged to my relative. I’ll bet there’s a few great stories behind it. Good luck with your search.
dts

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer personal item find! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread