tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a big thrift store near by that I visit quite a bit. It's been a while now since I've seen any wristwatches I'd be interested in buying, but this one was in with all the others that have been sitting in the case a long time, so I knew it was just set out. It's the first Seiko Kinetic I've ever found. The price I thought was worth the money. It costs me $20. and change. I think it's gotta nice look to it and it runs good after whipping the rotor around some to build up a charge.

Attachments

• 20210225_201733.jpg
    20210225_201733.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 20210225_201828.jpg
    20210225_201828.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 79

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s an awesome find. Any Seiko for 20 bucks is a deal.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s an awesome find. Any Seiko for 20 bucks is a deal.
A little update here is that it doesn't stay running but a couple hours after it's left unworn. It's gonna need a fresh capacitor installed. They cost about $17. to $24. online and you'll find a few videos online with the steps to install it which doesn't appear all that difficult to do. Good thing is this particular preowend model does appear to sell around $90. to $120., so it'll still be a good deal after I have $40. into it.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little update here is that it doesn't stay running but a couple hours after it's left unworn. It's gonna need a fresh capacitor installed. They cost about $17. to $24. online and you'll find a few videos online with the steps to install it which doesn't appear all that difficult to do. Good thing is this particular preowend model does appear to sell around $90. to $120., so it'll still be a good deal after I have $40. into it.

Yeah it’s super straightforward. I have basically zero watch skills and shaky hands and did it in about 10 mins w YouTube video. Real sense of accomplishment when done too!

Russoca

Jan 31, 2019
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT E-Tracker, Nokta Macro Simplex+
Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my Seiko Kenetic Divers I have to wind it A WHILE if the charge goes down. After that, with daily wearing, when I push the button by 2 o'clock the second hand spins out 30 seconds indicating 6 month charge. The next morning I push it in and it only moves 10 seconds. My capacitor is toast and only lasts a week.

Give it a steady wind (move it side to side) while watching TV for an hour or so and then test. Give it overnight and see if it holds.

Russ

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my Seiko Kenetic Divers I have to wind it A WHILE if the charge goes down. After that, with daily wearing, when I push the button by 2 o'clock the second hand spins out 30 seconds indicating 6 month charge. The next morning I push it in and it only moves 10 seconds. My capacitor is toast and only lasts a week.

Give it a steady wind (move it side to side) while watching TV for an hour or so and then test. Give it overnight and see if it holds.

Russ
Well thank you Russ.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread