Pocket rocket

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a spot an antique mall and I was listening to some other person talk about something in a case on the other side of the wall as I was putting stuff in my spot. So he’s like is it a real gun, can I shoot it? And the girl was like I have no idea it looks real, feels real!
Probably shouldn’t try to shoot it. So he took it up to the counter, and the price was almost $200. He’s like oh that’s too much and walked away.

I went up and I said what were y’all talking about? It’s a little Derringer kit gun, black powder only.. they do points at the store. I had a lot of points from stuff I bought in the past so I ended up getting a gun on my end for 130 bucks. Everyone I’ve showed it too wants to shoot it! Tiny little pocket rocket pistol.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1621051025.757700.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1621051065.322827.jpg

DirtManicure

Greenie
Apr 26, 2021
Orange County CA
Primary Interest:
Other
So cute! And would even fit my “tiny girl hands” (according to my father the last time I told him I’d gone gun shopping. :BangHead: ) I think you’ve inspired me to visit the consignment spot over on my coast tomorrow

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a neat little shooter. I would like to see some more pics please. Hammer cocked and the nipple? Even one looking down barrel with light showing back threw nipple.
I have seen some similar that had a broken nipple from firing.
Black powder is my favorite to shoot.

The Boots

Oct 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is awesome. If everything looks good with the barrel, firing pin, and a clear nipple, then I would shoot it. I might would light load it the first time.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda looks like one that used to be sold by Dixie Gun Works years ago. They were usable!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a neat little shooter. I would like to see some more pics please. Hammer cocked and the nipple? Even one looking down barrel with light showing back threw nipple.
I have seen some similar that had a broken nipple from firing.
Black powder is my favorite to shoot.

Here are some more photos.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1621311422.482433.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1621311439.785683.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1621311461.736912.jpg

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Careful, you'll shoot your eye out kid.

Really cool piece, thanks for sharing!

I'll raise you one though. A buddy of mine picked up a homemade derringer that fires 12 gauge shells. Now that's a pocket rocket!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread