May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dropped my daughter off at college today and on the way back stopped at an antiques mall. At one of the booths on a pegboard was this necklace hanging on it. I could see marks on the S clasp and based on the weight and quality suspected it was 24 karat gold and Rubies. Got home and found the mark 24K on the clasp. Turns out it weighed 9 g. Then I found this Goofy watch by Helbros. I had to take a second look and then I noticed that the dial and watch runs backwards. It has never been worn and in excellent condition. I did a quick Google search and oh my God the sale comps on these things is off the charts. I ended up buying it quickly and getting out of there. 65084299521__03E628C9-EB1A-4570-94C3-FA9A0F3D2059.jpg
IMG_7853.jpg
65084291411__9E454971-DB59-443D-B4A1-4D39EFC8AF96.jpg IMG_7861.png

Last edited:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow…amazing scores. Let us know what the watch sells for.

I have a bunch of those style pendants. Mine where stamped 22k on the bale. One jeweler said the stones where garnets but sold to tourists as rubies. Not sure if that’s true or not. Great score!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don?t think I?m going to sell the watch And keep it to my collection of interesting complication watches.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dropped my daughter off at college today and on the way back stopped at an antiques mall. At one of the booths on a pegboard was this necklace hanging on it. I could see marks on the S clasp and based on the weight and quality suspected it was 24 karat gold and Rubies. Got home and found the mark 24K on the clasp. Turns out it weighed 9 g. Then I found this Goofy watch by Helbros. I had to take a second look and then I noticed that the dial and watch runs backwards. It has never been worn and in excellent condition. I did a quick Google search and oh my God the sale comps on these things is off the charts. I ended up buying it quickly and getting out of there. View attachment 1943010
View attachment 1943011
View attachment 1943012 View attachment 1943013

Congratulations on those unbelievable scores! Never knew about that Goofy watch. It will definitely be on my radar. Congratulations once again.

Oct 1, 2018
Western PA, Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I read the headline I thought the Goofy Watch was "24KT and super rare" and wondered who would ever want a gold watch with Goofy on it. Now it makes a little more sense.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Based on the distinctive snake clasp I would say that this is a piece of Thai jewelry which is usually high karat 21-24k. Given the quality of the gold I would guess the stones are real. I would check some Thai jewelry sites to see if you can find something similar.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in todays clown world goofy was cancelled... because mentally challenged dogs :laughing7:
chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread