cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok I figured I would change this post a little and I want to thank RTDE3 b/c I had honestly forgot about this page,b/c the tenn. hunt fell through. But I want to let everyone know that me and my team are planning a hunt in NC, and we will try to host 2 hunts per year mainly in NC. If you would like more information on the hunt you can check out our website at www.wedigdixie.com Thank you for you time and consideration.

Thanks
Cw

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Re: Hunt in Tennesee

Sounds pricey, however the opportunity to hunt a spot like that I would say is worth it and I imagine the land owner would require a nice chunk and deservedly so. Also at that price you may not end up with hundreds trying to get in. Anyway, I am absolutely interested! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Tin Nugget said:
Sounds pricey, however the opportunity to hunt a spot like that I would say is worth it and I imagine the land owner would require a nice chunk and deservedly so. Also at that price you may not end up with hundreds trying to get in. Anyway, I am absolutely interested! :thumbsup:

well you all so got to figure enough food and water to feed hundreds of people the liability issues and legal issues are pricey. But like I said that is just a figure.

oldgold

Oct 16, 2003
Arkansas-USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500/ACE 250-Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm Interested. Keep me updated. ;D

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300

I'm in north Alabama and i would definately be interested in this.......as long as there is plenty of notice to save up the funds.....question.....is the area virgin property or heavily hunted?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

So how much property is a pretty piece acrage wise? Is camping the only option, or is there a hotel/motel nearby? (Not asking where----just how much of a drive and parking area.) I'm asking as there might be those who can't walk long distances or want to pack everything needed in a backpack to go for an endurance hunt.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds interesting to me. More info would be nice when you have it! I would come!

Steve ;D

Falcon

Apr 2, 2008
GA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter

I would consider that

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70

I would consider it!
Baggins

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Waayyy too pricey for me,but goodluck.Of all the hunts I have been involved with,there has been no cost for everyone to sign the liability release.There are several available to copy from.Has the land ever been detected by you or anyone else?Are you planning to have port-o-lets?Is camping allowed?How far to ample motels/restaurants?

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cwdigger said:
Tin Nugget said:

well you all so got to figure enough food and water to feed hundreds of people the liability issues and legal issues are pricey. But like I said that is just a figure.
/quote]

Hundreds of people? Well, lets see...say you want to limit it to say just 200 people at $200 per person. Thats $40,000 cash...should be able to buy some of that land or either the rent is too high. Thats a lot of money even with buying food for 3 days. I don't know, I guess I haven't been at an event with that many people so I'll shut up for now!

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Juanmoretime said:
cwdigger said:
Tin Nugget said:

/quote]

Hundreds of people? Well, lets see...say you want to limit it to say just 200 people at $200 per person. That's $40,000 cash...should be able to buy some of that land or either the rent is too high. That's a lot of money even with buying food for 3 days. I don't know, I guess I haven't been at an event with that many people so I'll shut up for now!

Oh no your right 200 is pricey but as said in all forums 200 is just a quote it could be 50 a person or it could 100 or so on depends on how much the landowner wants to rent his property for, we are not looking at making any money on this we want to break even with the lease whatever that may be, and have enough left over to buy food and maybe 2 or more pigs and wanted everyone to have a good time and find some relics. There is no definite answer as to this hunt will take place as said originally we wanted to take a poll of how many people would be intrested to see if it was worth our time to organize something like this. It all depends on the landowner we will let you know details as we get them .

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CW - What part of TN were you thinking of putting this hunt together?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions