Spring Treasure Hunt - Valley Mines Mo Historic Site -April 18-19 2009 - Its On!

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
Reply To This Topic #30 Posted Today at 10:44:38 AM Quote Modify Remove

Hi All ,

Announcing the Valley Mines MO - Treasure Hunt and Meet - plus Field Dowsing Workshop !
Saturday and Sunday April 18th and 19th the following weekend for raindate.

Unique Oportunity - Reserve Now ! - Hunt in Two Weeks !

Geodowser here, long time member and posting newbie .
I am putting together on short term notice, a spring hunt,
that will work, I feel with members wants and needs.
I felt the need to do this and make this property available to hunt, in a reasonable manner,
in cooperation with the landowners.

No Seeding - Good Real documented Historic Site - Old foundations - Low Cost entry - Camping

I have permission and access to a 3500 AC Mining Ghost town.
This is one of the original settlements in Missouri founded by the French.

The site is less than 1 hr south of STL MO on major hiway access [ us 67 off 55 ]

The entire town is in tact and with marked foundations ....
and there are cabin and old store sites back in the woods marked to a degree as well.
Bring your 4 wheel Drive - Four wheeler - ATVs - horses - mules whatever u want
to get around on site . Most town sites / foundations are central located off main
road easy walk ie right there by parking lot, plenty of sites with privacy to explore.

A weekend [sat - sun ] of virgin treasure hunting in an old mining ghost town.
The original log cabin , Barn and Paymasters shack are still intact. All other
town buildings , stores, homesites , post office, are marked .
There is a hstoric museum located in the 1700's log cabin homesite.
All property is ON Limits [ nothing off limits ]

Trails on the 3500 ac are marked rugged, and also have potential sites on them.
[1800s miners shacks/houses/ store office etc way back in woods.
There is a lake [fishing boating ,and an artesian spring and creeks onsite.
Rustic or Primitive Camping availabel and Campers are ok.
Nearby Motels for the timid or comfort oriented. [ Bonne Terre ]
Family oriented, and other things for family and kids to do onsite.
However fee is based per person , and i guess $10 per child ?
Prefer no dogs but if you must..... its cool. No barking allowed lol.

$25 for Th'ing 2 days [ stay in motel ] $35 With Primitive camping , $45 with camper for the weekend, [ no hookups]
Friday nigiht Arrival ok but you are on your own . There is a store and Gas Sation just
up the street on the main road / intersection in town [ small thats all there is ] Super 8 down the road in Bonne Terre.

An optional Dowsing for Water - Survival and Treasure workshop is offered on
Saturday or Sunday for additional $25
I have been Dowsng for Water and Treasure for 25 years and would like
to share my skills before I kick the bucket lol .

To keep things in scale and to perserve the site and finds I am going to
try to keep it at the first 25 people that respond....but will consider more
if the interest is there. Let me know ASAP

I am new at posting so i give permision freely to repost this to a new
Topic and or Category where it will do the most good.

This is also a fundraiser for a good cause to support and assist the fledgling museum onsite and to
help pay the taxes so this land remains open to other treasure hunters, hunters and outdoor adventure seekers.

I am open to suggestions and comments, and seeking one experienced Th'er and Treasure Netter
that can help organize onsite and online, fees waived, and seaonal TH,ing pass included for the site .

For further information and or paypal reservations email [email protected] remove m
First Come First Serve - But will accomodate as needed. Its On !

RESERVE NOW ! VIA PAY PAL - LIMITED SPACE DEPENDING

I will ad images as I am able --- http://valleymines.com for local info

Attachments

• Bonne Terre Quad 1903.jpg
    Bonne Terre Quad 1903.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 504
OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
geodowser said:
Reply To This Topic #30 Posted Today at 10:44:38 AM Quote Modify Remove

Hi All ,

Announcing the Valley Mines MO - Treasure Hunt and Meet - plus Field Dowsing Workshop !
Saturday and Sunday April 18th and 19th the following weekend for raindate.

Unique Oportunity - Reserve Now ! - Hunt in Two Weeks !

For further information and or paypal reservations email [email protected] remove m
First Come First Serve - But will accomodate as needed. Its On !

RESERVE NOW ! VIA PAY PAL - LIMITED SPACE DEPENDING

I will ad images as I am able --- http://valleymines.com for local info

Attachments

• History%20Museum%20-%20Before-a-288.jpg
    History%20Museum%20-%20Before-a-288.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 546

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Id like to be down but cant I'd need more notice. and my schedule is tight those months, I bet there is more than a few cabins scaterd about that property.

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
TEXAN Connection said:
Id like to be down but cant I'd need more notice. and my schedule is tight those months, I bet there is more than a few cabins scaterd about that property.

Its an entire town of old foundations. That pic above was Frances Valle's Log Cabin from the 1700's
Its hand hewn and notched logs under that siding .... Original Barn nest to it.... a whole town , stores, posto office,
churches, paymaster shack, etc all up and owsn the lod road and back up in the woods...

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
No offense to the OP, but although the site sounds good (And it's my birthday time frame) I'm not sending any money to someone with a total of 14 posts on here. Good luck though. Hope any who attend enjoy.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I meant to mention that as well.
Being a new member and asking for people to send you money via Paypal, probably won't work out in your best interest.

But again, put me down as a "maybe" for the event.

Bran <><

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
well i def think your on to somthing geodowser and sounds like a great spot for a club, hunt but youll have to get more details to the event and some more notice.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I will make it,IF,I can pay by check or money order or cash in person,otherwise,I'm out.Can't do the paypal thingy.
It does appear that it would be a super place to hunt but why is the limitation on number of people so low?If it is because you are afraid of things getting out of hand,then you need to read all the past t'net hunts(LBH,CTH1,CTH2,FL).The members that attended those hunts,pretty much policed each other,although the people who attended those hunts are just down home honest folks that enjoy each other's company as much as any hunting that was done.I hope your negotiations go well.

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
TEXAN Connection said:
well i def think your on to somthing geodowser and sounds like a great spot for a club, hunt but youll have to get more details to the event and some more notice.

Hi, There is plenty of info available . Make a reservation and i will tell you anythihng you want lol.

seriously, what do you want to know ?

This is a [ i dont want to wait and want to share with friends before the bugs and leaves]

And if goes well there will be the next major one with plenty of time to plan.... but why wait. the opp is NOW ! :)

Thanks for the Thumbs UP

geodowser

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
warsawdaddy said:
I will make it,IF,I can pay by check or money order or cash in person,otherwise,I'm out.Can't do the paypal thingy.
It does appear that it would be a super place to hunt but why is the limitation on number of people so low?If it is because you are afraid of things getting out of hand,then you need to read all the past t'net hunts(LBH,CTH1,CTH2,FL).The members that attended those hunts,pretty much policed each other,although the people who attended those hunts are just down home honest folks that enjoy each other's company as much as any hunting that was done.I hope your negotiations go well.

No problem Warsaw Daddy, I just dont want to make it a precedent .
If no one else makes reservations , just you and i will go and score ..... i just wanted to be able share since it was such a large
untouched area. Heck, I ready to go this weekend lol, what everyone waiting for.

Actually regarding numbers of participants, it a catch 22 . Too many make scare off the owners for future hunts.... I wanted to limit, but yet get some coverage to see whats all out there for future potential , like testing the waters.
Alot of people is possible, but insurance would be needed, and what i am charging wouldnt even begin to cover that.
So i wanted to balance, but wont turn anyone away . Limited #s also in marketing creates artificial demand... not that any is needed lol .

At this point, youre the only one that seems to see the potential here and moving fwd, so at some point lets go private
and i can lay it all out for you, go when you want, and scope it out whilst waiting for everyone else to catch on.
Mabe after a few gold coins, and some good relics from the civil war battle, it ok nobody wants to come lol.

Man if anyone ever mentioned / offered me a place like this i would be on it like a breaver in a woodpile :)

Lets see what happens....

geodowser

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
this is pretty close by ,and timed just right after tax prep. seem very reasonable on price.i would like to attend. need to send check though. very exciting sounding place. i assume hunter gets to keep everything he finds. have u hunted there any yourself? sorry not into dowsing.

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
scrounger said:
this is pretty close by ,and timed just right after tax prep. seem very reasonable on price.i would like to attend. need to send check though. very exciting sounding place. i assume hunter gets to keep everything he finds. have u hunted there any yourself? sorry not into dowsing.

hi , scrounger

i dont accept checks, but not to worry we can work something out.
the way it works is, everyone interested makes reservations via pay pal,
that way i have an accounting , that i can present to the principles,
and an advance show of confirmed hands.... anything short of this will
be confusing, and mixing monies in other deposits on accounts etc.

despite what is good and works, very few are interested and no pay
pal reservations, so it will end up most likely, be a flexible date and
very few attending paying cash to attend .

it will happen one way or another but not the best way of doing business [ not u ]
and will not be very attactive to the land owner in terms of advance notification
on numbers, and attractive monetarially since we are in possible competition
with other groups, archeo and others....

i mainly wanted to throw it out there and make the opportunity available
to you kind folks this one time.... espcially since there is the possibility
of this large tract changing hands....

sometimes opportunities knock once and you have to sieze he moment.

its all good and its on, we just need to have a certain amt of interest as
expressed by pay pal donations /reservations etc. to make it work.

geodowser

ps the focus of dowsing is finding things.... as in metal detecting but i understand your comments.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I don't do Paypal... sorry.

Bran <><

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
I think folks might be a little worried about sending paypal one way to someone that hasent participated in any hunts till now, im sure you understand. Perhaps just a promise to be there is good enough to appease the powers that be, and they can pay b-4 hunting. Whats your ebay handle?
Personaly Im not concerned with loosing 25 bucks but a dry run to missouri would want me to do something bad, Im sure you understand.
TC

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
TEXAN Connection said:
I think folks might be a little worried about sending paypal one way to someone that hasent participated in any hunts till now, im sure you understand. Perhaps just a promise to be there is good enough to appease the powers that be, and they can pay b-4 hunting.

TC

HI Folks,

I hear ya, fraud never entered my program... well, as i mentioned before i have no problem doing the cash and carry so to speak,
it just makes it tough to plan ahead /pay ahead for permissions /offering / accounting kind a thing.

Well, if my integrity is on the line here, i dont know what to say other than i am honest, a homeowner nearby and really
didnt plan this much involvement and explanations over a one day small/fair money thing..... perhaps a change in plan
will be in order......

Ie Plan further out. Market More Locally
Charge alot more for time involved
Accept checks and hassle with that
End up buying insurance for the meet
Basically wasting time and not end up with a deal to hunt the land ....[timing]
Thats where its heading im afraid but
if a few of you want to get together casually one
weekday [ more privacy ] im game.....
but the entire conversation for this plan b goes private to email.

Please understand my only intent here was to help out by making this virgin property
available .... nothing more .

I asked early on to bring in a Treasurenet Regular to participate for free and
scope me or the site or whatever to report back their "findings" to avoid
any misgivings etc.

The final word since this is an "advertised" meet , the meet still will go on,
as planned under the terms specified with a minimum of 10 pre registrants
I am a man of my word , and that is my bottom line.

anyone who wants to know me who is local is welcome to discuss this with me over the phone.
i am not putting my personals on an internet google searchable forum,
i get enough marketing calls as it is, lol

in general this is more trouble that its worth i can see, and would rather just spend my
time hunting the site undisturbed and then just share the pics and finds with you all
as you do . i just thought doing it for the token $25 as a favor with camping and BBQ
that all this negative stuff , and i cant do this or that , wouldnt be an issue.
[everyone has a credit or debit card im sure ] so you all tell me what will work and i will
try to work with that....

for those that are internet savvy already know who i am and
what i do, and have resided on the same internet location for 15 years serviing over
1000 worldwide people daily.

with sincerity,

geodowser

ps whether or not we do this is up to you all..... and if we need to change the date
or add another meet to accomodates everyones personal schedule that is ok.
i am supprised that more of you were not interested in learning basic dowsing
to enhance your th'ing skills ... no biggie...

so whatsup with that pic /post of eddie murphy ? is that how you all show respect ?
delete it or be ashamed please.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though it sounds neat and I am interested (somewhat) in dowsing, I do believe I will now have to pass on this outing altogether.
Thank you for the offer though, as well the planning you put into it.
I hope to see your finds soon. :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
godisnum1 said:
Though it sounds neat and I am interested (somewhat) in dowsing, I do believe I will now have to pass on this outing altogether.
Thank you for the offer though, as well the planning you put into it.
I hope to see your finds soon. :)

Bran <><

Thank for your time, interest and good natured support.

I guess this all boils down to a money thing... and personal integrity.....
So if you all come down for free, whos gonna pay the daily entrance fee,
and buy all the T Bone Stakes and Ribs and cook for me. I will show up and eat.
[ point is someone has to buy and supply all the goodies[steaks] - cook it and pay for the
entrance fee / hunt access permit in advance , and clean up after everyone lol.

We will figure out how we can overcome these simple obstacles and make it work
so everyone feels safe and comfortable.

As it stands now a thing permit can be purchased for $75 for the season,
and doesnt include steaks and a chef .

I just thought the $25 would be a cheaper alternative for a one or two day affair including the
steak dinner / spread . I guess i could give away free gold coins to eh ?:)

its all good. i happen to be a fan of Eddie Murphy and have mutual friends in NY.
we will be booking talent, so bring your intruments, and everyone can toss their
finds in the musicians collection hat around the bonfire.

soo mabe Bran, would you be willing to recieve everyones money since you
seem sincere, take it to valley mines in advance, negotiate the permit, buy all the
steaks and food for everyone in advance, cook it, clean up, and play the harmonica for everyone
after dinner . I am open to suggestions and willing to turn the planning over to someone
everyone knows and trusts.... i just didnt realize....

so are all the other hunts/meets materializing
previously discussed ? or were they "discussing" and just going to seed the site and charge a $100 or so
for a hunted out patch of green with no historical significance.... I just thought... folks were perceptive
enough to understand that this is what was being "asked" for .... by you all.

its all good

geo

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geodowser said:
seem sincere, take it to valley mines in advance, negotiate the permit, buy all the
steaks and food for everyone in advance, cook it, clean up, and play the harmonica for everyone
after dinner . I am open to suggestions and willing to turn the planning over to someone

previously discussed ? or were they "discussing" and just going to seed the site and charge a $100 or so
for a hunted out patch of green with no historical significance.... I just thought... folks were perceptive

its all good

geo

Geo,
Just to preface a bit... after attending Bible College here in Springfield over the last 6 years, I will finally be finishing up and moving back to Florida in 39 days from today. If it were not for my moving 1,200 miles away, I probably would have been willing to help formulate a formal hunt.

As nice as this Valley Mines place seems to be, historically speaking of course... if it has all of these stipulations and limitations added to the site itself, I would think that it might not be the best place to host a hunt for T-Net members, IMHO.
If you have followed any of the previous hunts; especially the CTH hunts (I attended the CTH2 hunt last October), you will have noticed the flow of things and the preparations that people like Burdie (CTH1&2) and BridgeEndFarm (Florida Hunt) took to bring these hunts together. They somewhat slightly vary from the preparation that you have put forth for this outing.

Also, my personal opinion... if you have to have a formal permit (i.e. state, county, etc.) or insurance for the hunt, I would only think that would mark it as a "no go" in most MDer's books (again, my own opinion).

In regards to the shopping, cooking, cleaning, and/or music entertainment... I would have been willing to participate with as much as I could, as would many other T-Net members, I'm sure. But I do have to say... I don't eat meat, so I would not have been eating any. I would have also not known how to prepare it, though I love cooking, especially over a fire! I don't play the harmonica (or any other instrument for that matter; I just sing), but previously, we had the pleasure of being entertained by several other talented ladies & gents that do have a talent for the arts.

And lastly, the previous hunts that have been successful on here did not (to my knowledge) have ANY seeded hunts! In fact, I don't think hardly any of us would have came if that were the case. As for myself, I wouldn't want anything to do with a "seeded hunt". I enjoy relics and knowing that I'm the first person to touch that piece of history in a VERY long time!!!
The place we went to for the CTH2 hunt was a historical site, which one of our gracious members secured the permission of the property owner for us to have it on her land. And that, in my mind, is how it should be. There's just far too many historical places around us (those that have done the research) to set up a hunt at a place that has too many stipulations (*generalized comment*) or is in need of a "seeded" type of hunt.

Again, I'm sorry if you have felt that the responses (or lack thereof) have been motivated by a distrust or disloyalty.
After being on here for around 5 years, I've come to realize that both of those things (trust & loyalty) are earned through befriending others on a personal level. I'm sure that no one has meant any disrespect toward you or your organizing this hunt.

Bran <><

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
godisnum1 said:
geodowser said:

its all good

geo

Geo,
Just to preface a bit... after attending Bible College here in Springfield over the last 6 years, I will finally be finishing up and moving back to Florida in 39 days from today. If it were not for my moving 1,200 miles away, I probably would have been willing to help formulate a formal hunt.

As nice as this Valley Mines place seems to be, historically speaking of course... if it has all of these stipulations and limitations added to the site itself, I would think that it might not be the best place to host a hunt for T-Net members, IMHO.
If you have followed any of the previous hunts; especially the CTH hunts (I attended the CTH2 hunt last October), you will have noticed the flow of things and the preparations that people like Burdie (CTH1&2) and BridgeEndFarm (Florida Hunt) took to bring these hunts together. They somewhat slightly vary from the preparation that you have put forth for this outing.

Also, my personal opinion... if you have to have a formal permit (i.e. state, county, etc.) or insurance for the hunt, I would only think that would mark it as a "no go" in most MDer's books (again, my own opinion).

In regards to the shopping, cooking, cleaning, and/or music entertainment... I would have been willing to participate with as much as I could, as would many other T-Net members, I'm sure. But I do have to say... I don't eat meat, so I would not have been eating any. I would have also not known how to prepare it, though I love cooking, especially over a fire! I don't play the harmonica (or any other instrument for that matter; I just sing), but previously, we had the pleasure of being entertained by several other talented ladies & gents that do have a talent for the arts.

And lastly, the previous hunts that have been successful on here did not (to my knowledge) have ANY seeded hunts! In fact, I don't think hardly any of us would have came if that were the case. As for myself, I wouldn't want anything to do with a "seeded hunt". I enjoy relics and knowing that I'm the first person to touch that piece of history in a VERY long time!!!
The place we went to for the CTH2 hunt was a historical site, which one of our gracious members secured the permission of the property owner for us to have it on her land. And that, in my mind, is how it should be. There's just far too many historical places around us (those that have done the research) to set up a hunt at a place that has too many stipulations (*generalized comment*) or is in need of a "seeded" type of hunt.

Again, I'm sorry if you have felt that the responses (or lack thereof) have been motivated by a distrust or disloyalty.
After being on here for around 5 years, I've come to realize that both of those things (trust & loyalty) are earned through befriending others on a personal level. I'm sure that no one has meant any disrespect toward you or your organizing this hunt.

Bran <><

Bran, Thank you for the sincere reply and helpful suggestions.

There are not any major stipulations or permits to hamper this nor any official ones....
I am workng on insurance for the owners for this and for overall purposes for their other funtions....
I clearly noted the historical potential and the fact that it woulnt be seeded and this is where i started this thread
base on what i was hearing from all of you regarding the other proposals being thrown about and what was
desired by others... Frankly i dont know what else to do offer, or do to be helpful.

Your reason for not attending s appreciated... i thought i had offended you in some way.

The reason i have not been actively posting the past ten years is because daily i am engaged in
assisting other Treasure Hunters in their endeavors. Mostly major projects and recoveries.
All is most private and confidental and not something i am allowed to post about in public forums.
I am not boasting nor seeking noteriety, its just what i do, and why i dont have a thousand posts
and buddy buddy with everyone..... but i am as real and as honest as you or the next guy.
I mainly was hearing the need of a good place to hunt / cheap$ and a good time for all, and presented the best
i could provide at cost or less, in order to get to know you all a little better and have some fun
at the same time.

I responded with a very low cost [ covering basic daily fee $10 x2 and $5 for BBQ ] at a highly potential site.
What can i do to make people feel more comfortable ? why dont one of the regulars want to explore this
site and make this meet a reality for us all ? I dont know anymore that i can do to help ?

Good luck on your path and discovery and any finds your way down in Fla. Mabe visit with Dell
when you are down that way... he seems like a helpful person and willing to teach as i am.
in closing this post/thread i will add some info about me, what i do, why i do it, and some previous
topics years back in the forums i felt relative.

geo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread