CTH 3 Campers Club

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Im hoping this thread will be for those that are ruffing it, and where?
Ill have my pop up Camper. At this point Rick and I are coming in it. It Has AC if we plug it in some where, other that, just stove, Lights no fridge, just a small Ice box.

Im open for suggestions as to where, Other than Oasis. It was nice but to far. I was thinking at the pavilion or Kloefkorns RV.
It would be Great if we all camped in the same place. We will probaly come thursday eve leave sunday afternoon.
Lets make a plan Campers

T.C.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that if I'm able to come, I FOR SURE wanna camp out!!!!

How far is Oasis? That's the place I was thinking about for this time around. I know my buddy Randy (randyinarkasas) and possibly his friend Matt (peanut) may be attending also, and Randy will need a place with electricity for his CPAP machine.
I know I'd really like to have a place where we could all have an open fire... :thumbsup:

Bran <><

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Im leaning toward the Pavilion sight. I could bring a Fire pit.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, guess we just need a list of the possible places that people can camp out... I'll repost what Burdie posted for the campsites.

Well here are a few pics of camping sites and one for RV's and camping.
The first two pics has no water or electricity but you can hunt this area also. Old house was there 60 years ago. You can have a camp fire there.
1.JPG 2.JPG

The next site has camping only with bathroom and shower. You can have a camp fire there and is right next to the fair building where we meet.
3.JPG

The last site is the RV and camping. Only contained fire grills.
4.JPG

The only other place is where you hunted the last time and had cookout.

Campgrounds & RV Parks

Kloefkorn's RV Park
21 North Main Street
Caldwell, KS 67022
(620) 845-2708

Oasis RV Park
1592 S Seneca Rd
South Haven, KS 67140
(620) 892-5115
Mention Chisholm Trail Hunt. $22.50 no additional charges. Free WiFi. Even showers if you want to camp.

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
The Oasis is about 15 miles away or so. Im gonna bring a extra tent also, and I have 3 beds. sleeps six couples, kinda cramped though. probaly just have some canned goods and sandwich stuff,like I did last time.
The pavilion has a shower and Bathroom. Burdies checking on getting a elec cord or 2 but I can do without. no Sewer drains for the campers.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Hey TC
I really have thought about a sleeping bag in the back of the truck (it has a cover) and I agree that the pavilion would be a great spot and with showers is a plus.....I am good with whatever.......so I guess my vote is the pavilion.

gregd573

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well unless I drive up, which is looking unlikely... I probably won't have all my camping gear this time around. I'll probably ship all my detecting gear up to Missouri and drive over with Hannah in her Jeep. My buddy Randy is probably gonna bring his camping gear with him, so we may all just camp out together or something. It would just be neat if we all had a wagon train thing kinda going on with tents & campers/RV's... with a main central campfire or something in the middle, so we can all fellowship together. :)

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sounds good to me! We surely might need that shower with folks jumpin in dirty creeks and such and a real short walk to the meeting area too! ;D

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Let me ask this now,just in case.If it turns out that I have to bring my dog(Dixie) along or not attend,does anyone object? She will insist on someone playing frizbee with her.And she has developed a real knack of imposing herself on anyone that will allow it.But she does mind pretty good,she knows what 'no' is and 'go lay down'

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, I doubt anyone will mind... seeing as how that little pup from last time turned out to be the "official mascot" of the hunt! lol

Bran <><

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
toilet ? oh, you mean which tree, right ?
shower is a gallon of water dumped on your head. LOL

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
You know.....I don't mind so bad when I smell a bit gamey........but there might be others that would take offense........LOL. Let the games begin.....lol. Have a great day, looks like I'm out for the weekend as far as detecting. We have about 8 inches on the ground.....yahoo. HH all..........gregd573

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I want to camp with the rest of you also..even if I have to drive to take a shower....or I have a metal bathtub that Mel gave us last year.... :D...or the creek...I dont care as long as we are together...LOL

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
The pavilion it is, just remember we may not have elec for the campers unless someone has a gen, and no water draineg.

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
warsawdaddy said:
Is the tent area close to the rv area?

2 RV full hook up RV place one in caldwell the other (oasis) is about 15 miles away, the pavilion is a tent area, Because it has no elec or water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread