MISSOURI HUNT - SITE LOCATED 1000 AC GHOST TOWN ORIGINAL

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe this may be the same "hunt" that was discussed about a year or two ago, which just ended up starting arguments and had some pretty attitude loaded comments made by the person wanting to "host" the event. As I can recall, there wasn't any planning ability by the person to originated the event... and it ended up being "called off" because everyone went from "maybe" to a definite "no" after seeing the posts for the event. Anyway, hope this isn't Round 2 of that same event. :-\

Bran <><

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good possibility Bran. I thought it looked kinda' familiar when I first read it. As I recall the original posting was made to appear as if the sponsor wanted to make a profit from it. No sense beating a dead horse. I'm outta' here. Monty

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
belial1134 said:
Aside from $25 per day, per person...what else would we need? Are supplies/tools provided or available for rent? I live in St. Louis and would like to hear more specifics. Thank you.

Hi All, [ those truly interested ]

Im not going to spend alot of time defending an opportunity to hunt this site.

Yes I had posted this site a year ago for the same reasons, one it is a great site
and two, i had been reading where previous attempts, by warsaw daddy to organize
something and never did.... so i thought i could help out, thats all.

Since there is some interest, mabe somebody who is a "regular" and not a dowser lol,
send me an email to geodowser AT dowsingworks.com , i will give you my phone #
and you can then verify anything you wish, and then assist in promoting this site
instead of being the uniformed skeptics, naysayers.... whats up with that ?

Please remove those offensive quotes, it puts bad light needlessly on a potentially
positive hunt.

IM in the middle of changing isp's so not online every day to respond to questions
but if you all want just set a date that works for yourselves, email me and we can
go, if it is workable we can then plan a larger event, once everyone is cool.

I am not trying to plan any large extravaganza, whoever wants to hunt this site
contact me via email and be sure to include phone contact for speedy reply.
A group or small group, is preferable to just one person to plan a whole day or
weekend around.

The site is private, huntable with permit, not a state park, and one of the oldest
homesteads in Missouri .

I am a real person, a THer, and this is a real place and the owner is a friend of mine.
http://valleymines.com ps please dont bother the owners with calls with alot of bs or
verifying this or that or it will put them off to holding an event like this.

They are aware and agreeable to a group hunt with minimal fuss and impact.
For a group hunt camping would be allowed and there is a great lake there
with the geese migrating etc.

So see what you all figure out and let me know... im just here to help, and not take
abuse .... no attitude included :)

geodowser

ps if dowsing offends you then please dont worry about it.

Thanks for everyone who responded sincerely
[ no comment to those that didnt, but i needed your support just the same]

This site is ready to hunt when there is minimum organization [ you all set the date]
just let me know...

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
Not sure if it's on my path home from Arkansas, but I'd love to stop for a few and give it a good sweep:)

I'll be heading thru MO mid-march.

Hey if you are heading down US-64 (40-61) yell 'hi' as you go thru Lake St. Louis. If you are on I-70, yell louder. I'll still hear ya.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed there is NO atv's allowed except to stay on a road going to your campground. In other words ...NO ATV'S but horses are allowed with permits and medical documentation. After looking at the sites web pages, its just a place that people go to and can fish, ride horses, bicycle with permits availabe from the owners. It should be similiar to a state park except it is private and not free.

I can't figure what the $25 dollars a day is for. If someone is not putting on a hunt and has no food or anything else to provide, why pay $25 bucks. It's availble anyway and as for someone "taking charge" and setting dates, etc., I don't think a TNetter would be stupid enough to take this on as a challenge. Once again there is something that smells like fish and I don't think anyone is going to take the bait a second time with all this secret, you call me, stuff.

With all due respect, I remember all the negative comments made by the planner last time, his basic interest was send me your money before hand, not when you arrive. The comment made this time is don't contact the owners and bug them or they will blow it off. I think they may be surprised to hear of this event......my negative 2 cents and I am outta here once again!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Juanmoretime said:
I noticed there is NO atv's allowed except to stay on a road going to your campground. In other words ...NO ATV'S but horses are allowed with permits and medical documentation. After looking at the sites web pages, its just a place that people go to and can fish, ride horses, bicycle with permits availabe from the owners. It should be similiar to a state park except it is private and not free.

I can't figure what the $25 dollars a day is for. If someone is not putting on a hunt and has no food or anything else to provide, why pay $25 bucks. It's availble anyway and as for someone "taking charge" and setting dates, etc., I don't think a TNetter would be stupid enough to take this on as a challenge. Once again there is something that smells like fish and I don't think anyone is going to take the bait a second time with all this secret, you call me, stuff.

With all due respect, I remember all the negative comments made by the planner last time, his basic interest was send me your money before hand, not when you arrive. The comment made this time is don't contact the owners and bug them or they will blow it off. I think they may be surprised to hear of this event......my negative 2 cents and I am outta here once again!

:read2:

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
Hi

I can see why there were not any good MO Hunts... too many out of state trolls....

Basically i was responding to Warsaw Daddys last attempt to organize a hunt in MO

>Quote from: warsawdaddy on Aug 03, 2009, 06:41:53 PM
I QUIT!

Just got the call.He was very sorry but they do not believe they can accomodate us like they would like and therefore he said they were going to pass and hopes we can find another place.His wife is battling cancer.Her name is Laurel if you would like to include her in your prayers.
I have struck out twice now,so it's time for someone else to find a hunt site.<

Geo Continues :
So I thought i would mention this place..... why all the negative crap ?

If you have money issues, i will pay for anyones permit.... if thats what it will take.
If you all need a date well This Saturday is < March 13th 2010 or the week following
It is warm and sunny this week, no bugs and soft earth.

Im about done tho trying to help out unless some positive energy comes to this event,
and it would be really nice if the stuck in the mud posters would remove their posts....

I guess, in the end, i will have to delete this Thread, and repost under Moderator oversight
if that what it takes .... yes people get testy when you are trying to help out ,
and have small minded, short sighted, negative people feeding negative overtones [ trolling]
into a potentially positive event ....

So putting things back into perspective..... lets take the money out of the situation,
and any potential rules or personal problems and agendas and just lets see who wants
to hunt this site and when.... and we can work the details out later.

ie pay for permit at the door and bring your own steaks or whatever.....

I think the well meaning ,out of state no shows anyway, are done so maybe we can continue this discussion in a more positive light.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The people you're criticizing & calling Trolls are regular posters on this forum. You are not.
Here's an established hunt in Caldwell, Kansas... which many of the regular posters plan to attend.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,291699.0.html

Best of luck with your hunt...

Bran <><

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geodowser,

Before you go calling anybody out of state trolls, you need to know who and what you're talking about! You pop up once a year and start this crud and nobody knows who the heck you are! You are not a regular poster but it doesn't take you long to start calling people names. You post information that says his wife has cancer and she doesn't want anyone to come. In the next sentence or two you start up saying you're just trying to help WSD (who is a personal friend and we detect together) organize a hunt. Did the lady die or something and now its okay? You leave all kind of holes in your information and want someone to call you so you can tell them all about it. Most of the time its us out of state trolls that make hunts happen. We drive hundreds of miles to hunt, I've never had the pleasure of meeting you as you travel to hunts. What was that....you don't ever travel to events and hunt! Thats what I thought, you're just a troll that likes to argue with people and run them down. Well, Mr. Troll, good luck on your event and I hope nobody calls your "friends" the owners and gets your event cancelled.

Have a nice day!!!

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
godisnum1 said:
The people you're criticizing & calling Trolls are regular posters on this forum. You are not.
Here's an established hunt in Caldwell, Kansas... which many of the regular posters plan to attend.

Bran <><

Hi Bran, Thanks for all your support. Sorry you cant make it.
Isnt that what they call it when folks jump in with non constructive comments.

I was just calling it, like i read it, basically three of you took the life out of this opportunity...
just like you did last time, and probably use this against me too, like last time when
i responded to your negativity.

I have been a member here for 10 years, an avid reader,
but hesitate to post much because of how people degenerate to suspiscion and negativity.

You could have simply asked me any questions you might have, and would have answered them
rather than you all doing [ all of us] like you did......

Getting back to the heart of the matter, anyone that would like to hunt this site at your
convenience, either small or larger group, feel free to contact me or mines if that is what
you choose.

peace,

geo

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
Juanmoretime said:
Geodowser,

Before you go calling anybody out of state trolls, you need to know who and what you're talking about!

[Comments interspersed in quote]

Im trying to offer a great site to hunt > geo

You pop up once a year and start this crud and nobody knows who the heck you are!

I have been around quietly for a number of years .... "start this crud" is just offering a great site to hunt .... i didnt start nor intent to affront anyone for any reason. >geo

You are not a regular poster but it doesn't take you long to start calling people names.

I thought thats the internet name for people hijacking threads and slandering for no reason
and basically interrupting the flow of an otherwise casual exchange of information .... >geo

You post information that says his wife has cancer and she doesn't want anyone to come. In the next sentence or two you start up saying you're just trying to help WSD (who is a personal friend and we detect together) organize a hunt. Did the lady die or something and now its okay?

I was quoting "WarsawDaddy" from his last post on an attempt to organize a hunt....
and was responding to his post/request, and appreciating any "regulars" support.....
He stated the owners backed off [ lady had cancer ] and that prompted me to offer this site once again, for those that might want to gather there.... thats all..... then came in the
interrupters, and naysayers.... regulars or not, there was no cause for that.

You leave all kind of holes in your information and want someone to call you so you can tell them all about it. Most of the time its us out of state trolls that make hunts happen. We drive hundreds of miles to hunt, I've never had the pleasure of meeting you as you travel to hunts. What was that....you don't ever travel to events and hunt! Thats what I thought, you're just a troll that likes to argue with people and run them down. Well, Mr. Troll, good luck on your event and I hope nobody calls your "friends" the owners and gets your event cancelled.

Well, you kind of make my case above here..... [ nothing constructive]
perhaps you might want to reread to original post, since you misunderstood, and i apologize
for not being clearer.... in any case all of this unjustified nonsense, is just that. >geo

Once again, it is great being able to offer this incredible site to hunt, and a shame to have to
waddle thru these comments, that is taking away from answering / coordinating with those
that are truly intersted..... >geo

Hopefully we can move fwd and beyond the negativity now, that everyone has been
able to have their say..... for good of for worse...

I think it would be nice to hunt this site before the trees leave in....
Im open for suggestions as to the date / dates . >geo

Perhaps at this point, since the first message is confusing with WarsawDaddys old quote,
about the last hunt that didnt work out, where there was a REQUEST for someone else
try to come up with a good site for a group hunt that
This thread should be rewritten with a more formal date, updated info and reposted. >geo

Have a nice day!!!

You too, hopefully this helps clear up any confusion for you and any others... sorry about that. >geo

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
JDS said:
Bummer! Could have been a good time.

Junker :dontknow:

Hey Man,

Im not going to let a few people, even if they are "regulars" spoil this for everyone else....

I know there is a big official hunt planned, and that has everyones attention and that is ok,
but for those of us in the MO Area and much sooner can hunt this site whenever someone
comes back with a workable date for a leas a few of those interested.

Email me @ geodowser at dowsingworks.com , we can exchange info, and see who we
can pull together to hunt this site ok ? All bets are not off.... just some unanticipated
diversion, and i apologize for everyone involved.

Mabe even Warsaw Daddy will want to touch base and see what all the controversy is all about.....

take care,

geo

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geodowser said:
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><

Hi Bran, Thanks for all your support. Sorry you cant make it.
Isnt that what they call it when folks jump in with non constructive comments.

I was just calling it, like i read it, basically three of you took the life out of this opportunity...
just like you did last time, and probably use this against me too, like last time when
i responded to your negativity.

I have been a member here for 10 years, an avid reader,
but hesitate to post much because of how people degenerate to suspiscion and negativity.

You could have simply asked me any questions you might have, and would have answered them
rather than you all doing [ all of us] like you did......

Getting back to the heart of the matter, anyone that would like to hunt this site at your
convenience, either small or larger group, feel free to contact me or mines if that is what
you choose.

peace,

geo

I haven't said anything personal to you, only recollected from the last time this same post was made.
Sorry if I've struck a nerve, I had no intention of doing so. But you have to keep in mind, people are generally suspicious of people who rarely post, then just jump on and offer something or want to sell something. Basically, when it comes to our wallets, I think everyone is typically weary. No doubt you mean well, so I won't discount that fact. And I will at least see what else you have to say in regards to this hunt, since you have been a member for 7 years here (not 10 as you've said). I won't be an attendee, as I've since finished college in Missouri and moved back to Florida. But best to you and the hunt! :)

Bran <><

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some problems I've noticed:
geodowser said:
LOL Holyfield youre quite the gamesman. If you read my post carefully
youd realize i dont have the slightest interest in your offer or your money................
You worked hard for your collection and wouldnt want to have to come
and get it. That is if you are as honest you appear to me.
Earlier it was mentioned How soon a fool parts with his money. lol
First, i dont think you would want part with it.
Second, i expect this sort of thing from those that are not familiar with others talents that go beyond the ordinary.
Third, i made it real clear im not here to waste my time to engage in these mindgames and ploys.
Fourth, dont waste your money to prove what we already know what we are capable of.
Fifth, i always use a metal detector so doesnt that put us on the same team in the end ???
How bout we just give your your mothers maiden name for a silver dollar
and mabe consider us for your next project, not that we deal with skeptics. but might make an exception but charge a lil more to cover the
excess questions.
all for fun
geo > thanx for the good laugh !
ps we located the amazing randis teddy bear underwear and he wouldnt
give up the 1 mil .... and so it goes.

please no more "challenges" we have enough of our own :)

In order to qualify for The Amazing Randi's JREF $1 mil challenge, a binding and formal contract has to be negotiated, establishing the specific terms of the agreement. This is a legally binding document and enforceable under law. If you were the only one(s) to win this challenge it would be widely acclaimed news AND easy to get the money in court. Lawyers would be lining up to file on a percentage (contingency) basis, requiring no money up front. Why didn't you pursue the money you were contractually and legally owed?
No-one has been documented to have even moved past the preliminary testing part of the challenge since it's formal inception in 1996, (scheduled to have been discontinued on Mar 6th of this year), so your claim is quite "amazing". It lends itself to skepticism when these kinds of things are asserted so casually. I mean, you apparently need the money................
You could have at least replaced your metal detector.......
geodowser said:
Hi Folks ,
This is my first post in ten years lol.
Pawn shop got my Garret 2500 :(
In any case i was wanting to generate some interest
in Valley Mines and Teaching others to Dowse in a high tech way
with old fashioned skills along with th"ing .....
Thought this old mining ghost town with paymasters shack and
ruins might be a good place . I have owners permissions. Small daily fee.
Any interest please reply
geodowser > semo
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,911.msg90753.html#msg90753 <---- geodowser post from May 28, 2005
So BTW it had only been 4 years since your last post, not 10...... or even 7 Bran :wink:
And the Dowsing seminars offered last year in conjunction with the Valles Mine event offer were probably off-putting. If it's such a good method and so "high-tech", why did you have to pawn your Garrett?!?
Anyway, 39 posts in so many many years and questionable claims/inconsistencies probably isn't going to establish a track record whereby most TNet folks will be comfortable with your 'organization' of a group hunt that requires outlay of funds, lodging reservations and travel expenses...... So good luck with the private one arranged by e-mail contact..... that's probably the best way to set it up.
I saw "semo" at the end of your last referenced post. I graduated the police academy at SEMO State U (Southeast MO Region 1 Law Enforcement Academy) in Cape Girardeau and worked at their PD in 1987. Are you affiliated with the Univ?
-Jim Harman (retired MO Police Sergeant and fairly new Florida resident, Charter TNet member and veteran of 3 organized group hunts......... :thumbsup: )

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
Cybercop106 said:
Some problems I've noticed:
geodowser said:
LOL Holyfield youre quite the gamesman. If you read my post carefully
youd realize i dont have the slightest interest in your offer or your money................

all for fun
geo > thanx for the good laugh !

[/b][/color]
please no more "challenges" we have enough of our own :)

You could have at least replaced your metal detector.......

geodowser Hi Folks said:
Pawn shop got my Garret 2500 :([/color]

Thought this old mining ghost town with paymasters shack and
ruins might be a good place . I have owners permissions. Small daily fee.
Any interest please reply
geodowser > semo

So BTW it had only been 4 years since your last post, not 10...... or even 7 Bran :wink:
why did you have to pawn your Garrett?!?
Anyway, 39 posts in so many many years and questionable claims/inconsistencies probably isn't going to establish a track record whereby most TNet folks will be comfortable with your 'organization' of a group hunt that requires outlay of funds, lodging reservations and travel expenses......

I saw "semo" at the end of your last referenced post.
-Jim Harman (retired MO Police Sergeant and fairly new Florida resident, Charter TNet member and veteran of 3 organized group hunts......... :thumbsup: )

Hey Jim,

Thanks for your time and effort, of/for, what im not sure.....
I see it can be a full time job, corresponding with skeptics and naysayers.

Mabe there is some basic misunderstandings so i will explain once more and
let me clear up a few things for your "investigative" mindset,
which are not relevant to planning/hunting this site.

One i do not wish to engage in a dowsing /randi discussion here. Not the place, and any discussion
regarding Randi is foolish, and generally just convenient for dowsing skeptics.

I pawned my MD and other valuables when my house was under construction for safe keeping,
went to go pick them up when construction done and place had closed up and owner not to be found.

Why is it so imperative to trash the messenger, when all i was trying to do, when having read about
folks who previously had tried to set up a hunt had difficulties, and i was only mentioning about
this place my friend is the caretaker.

Should I hire a lawyer to just mention a good place to hunt with friends ?

I am not trying to organize a major event , nor am i looking for a bond rating .

I am not trying to create a "track record" or be something i am not.

Just mentioning a good site for a group to meet should they wish, that has a low friendly fee,
and camping available ....close to st louis... thought mabe folks might talk about this and plan a date that
would mutually work for as many people as possible .

If RSVP small deposits is such an issue, Im sure paying a md fee onsite / pay as you go is ok, but
just wouldnt allow for the advance planning and purchasing of any goodies or bbq thats all.

In the end, i am not here to argue, defend, challenge or have a huge dialog not relating to setting
a potential date for as many that are interested, in hunting this site, thats all.

Whatever arrangements monetary or otherwise are up to the individual .

Not everything and everyone in life is a scam, unless you go looking for one .... needlessy.

Thank you

If anyone has anything positive to say, like a good date to set the hunt or other interest
I will try to respond as soon as i am able .

geo in semo [ southeast missouri ]

ps

the best thing at this point is, as Jim recommended, for those who did want to hunt this site
is to email me @ geodowser at dowsingworks.com as well as respond positively to this topic.
Then we can bounce an email back and forth and around much faster..... but keep the topic
updated as needed.

I am sure surprised there are not any regular Tnetter's local jump on this and help out...

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure you understood my message. Let me briefly try again.

You said;

"Should I hire a lawyer to just mention a good place to hunt with friends ?
I am not trying to organize a major event , nor am i looking for a bond rating .
I am not trying to create a "track record" or be something i am not."

The friendly folks here don't know you except through the very limited/intermittent postings you have made, so they aren't really friends...... they are barely acquaintances.
The distance and expense for everything involved in an MD'ing event IS pretty "major", which you'd know if you'd done one.
In order to get people here to become your "friends" it involves a track record so they know you're dependable and
thorough.
How are others (WITH a track record) to organize the event at your suggested location, when you said earlier on not to bother the owners by calling, unless they go through you?!

So I stand by my previous assessment........ "39 posts in so many many years and questionable claims/inconsistencies probably isn't going to establish a track record whereby most TNet folks will be comfortable with your 'organization' of a group hunt that requires outlay of funds, lodging reservations and travel expenses......"

That's why I supported and wished you luck with your private hunt......... personal interaction is a good way to make TNetters your friends. -Jim

PS. If something is not a scam then why is there a problem with looking at it critically, cause it should stand up under scrutiny!? And if it is a scam, how will you recognize it if you don't!?

Oh, and you need to remember, you brought up The Amazing Randi issue on this public forum. If you don't want to 'discuss' or 'elaborate on' something, I'd recommend not posting about it. But if you do, don't be surprised if someone questions it if it sounds suspect.........

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
Cybercop106 said:
I'm not sure you understood my message. Let me briefly try again.

You said;

"Should I hire a lawyer to just mention a good place to hunt with friends ?
I am not trying to create a "track record" or be something i am not."

The friendly folks here don't know you except through the very limited/intermittent postings you have made, so they aren't really friends...... they are barely acquaintances.
The distance and expense for everything involved in an MD'ing event IS pretty "major", which you'd know if you'd done one.

That's why I supported and wished you luck with your private hunt......... personal interaction is a good way to make TNetters your friends. -Jim

Thanks Jim for your scrutiny . Im sure everyone is more comfortable now that you have clarified things.

Since this is just a local offering, and i wasnt expecting anyone to travel long distances and shell out
alot of money, most if not all of your issues should now be resolved.

However since none has been able to feel comfortable enough now since your and a few other
skeptical inquiries, has made even me uncomfortable posting and sharing here.

You guys are great. And im sure you werent even planning on attending .
So why bring up stuf you have no idea about.

The "randi" post was on another forum topic and not relevant discussion here.

So why did you do this ? Why couldnt we just been left alone to reply to those interested.

In my opinion, a few well meaning , tneeters but a real damper on this thread, and have
wasted alot of my time .

Is this how you treat landowners and potential leads on places to hunt ?

Well hopefully those of you who are not interested in attending are done with your
critical inquiry, and we can hopefully resurect some meaningful discussion
on hunting this site.

This isnt about me, its about huntung the site.

Peace,

Geo in SE MO

JDS

Jun 8, 2007
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
ML4000/ML E-Trac/Ace 250/Antique Groundhog
Metal detecting is a lot like motorcycle riding. You can do it with friends but you are still alone during the activity. I don't care about politics, I just want to hunt. If I have to pay $25 for the info and privilege to hunt some place I can make that decision for myself as can we all. So if this happens or is available to individuals somebody PM me. I read this forum for entertainment and information. This thread has lost both. ???

Junker

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
JDS said:
Metal detecting is a lot like motorcycle riding. You can do it with friends but you are still alone during the activity. I don't care about politics, I just want to hunt. If I have to pay $25 for the info and privilege to hunt some place I can make that decision for myself as can we all. So if this happens or is available to individuals somebody PM me. I read this forum for entertainment and information. This thread has lost both. ???

Junker

Junker,

A voice of reason.

Its hard and a shame to think that we have to relegate any discussion to PMs
but when i have a chance or you can, i would like to pm all those that did also want to hunt the
site when convenient and soon as possible for sure .

Its not about the money, there is a small $10 fee for metal detecting, unhindered, and
$10 for overnight camping , primitive [ anywhere ] there is artesian spring and clean
portapotties for those who need to know the essentials. $ 5 i figured to throw into the till
for some steaks or bbq for sat night.... thats the extent of any figuring... all the other
trappings of civilization including a state park $10 camp is near by but out of site.

When you are in and on this site, you are in a world of its own.... foundations
from the 1750s on either side of the improved road, just as they were....
PO Church Store Paymasters shack and all the mining camps up in the hills,
many are marked with owner and date of operation..... old railroad tunnel by
the zinc smelter office etc, and caretakers cabin up o the hill.

If you are back up in the hills, where the old mining camps are, which is
4 wheel driveable btw, this time of year there are great vistas looking out.

On the junking / recycling note, i have a long time passion with that , but not to a serious extent.
I just had a job out in columbia mo, and there was a cracker barrel resturant
that threw out the entire resturants worth of sturdy oak chars.....
there was a pick up i saw parked there had 4 layers of chairs stacked and tied off....

I still was able to recycle two of them but the entire bottom of the container
was remains of many more, good for kindling wood thats about all.

Feel free to pm me and any else that want to hunt this site , either a group or not.
I will reply with phone and contact info, and appreciate same.
For my times sake and limited weekends, a group several times would be preferable.

This weekend is out unfortunately as our Gateway Gold group is giving a Gold
and Panning Demonstration at a local high school fundaiser .

Any Decent weekend after that is ok. See if you can drum up some interest in pms if need be.

Thanks for a level headed response and interest .

Geo - in SE MO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread