Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jseph

Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(If this is not the right place to post this, sorry I am new here and I'll move it)

I don't know if this is something y'all would consider fun or not, but I lost my aggie ring 2 hours south of the Dalas area in some shallow water in a lake. I know within 100 sq feet where it landed, but I don't really know how to find it. I figured treasure hunters would be the best people to ask for advice. How do you deal with the cold water? Is there any place I can rent a metal detector that would be good enough to pick up 10 carat gold?

If anyone would be willing to help me look, I can pay for the expertise. Thanks!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(If this is not the right place to post this, sorry I am new here and I'll move it)

I don't know if this is something y'all would consider fun or not, but I lost my aggie ring 2 hours south of the Dalas area in some shallow water in a lake. I know within 100 sq feet where it landed, but I don't really know how to find it. I figured treasure hunters would be the best people to ask for advice. How do you deal with the cold water? Is there any place I can rent a metal detector that would be good enough to pick up 10 carat gold?

If anyone would be willing to help me look, I can pay for the expertise. Thanks!

oohhhhh..Sounds liek a Challenge!

Jseph

Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, just thought I'd give y'all an update. Bluediamounds 55 and I are going to go out on Saturday and look around. The camp director told me there's been a lot of jewelry lost in that lake, so no telling what we'll find! Wish us luck, I'll let you know how it turns out!

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jseph, be sure to let us know how it turns out. I'd be up for the return trip if needed (or wanted).

Jseph

Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went out and searched for about 6 hours, but it didn't turn up. There is a lot of old fishing equipment and some trash in the lake that made it difficult to locate. I'd be up for another trip out there, but it's a camp, and the director just told me that they are booked solid from here on out, so the only good weekend time to go is Sunday after lunch. If anyone wants to give it a try with me this weekend, I figure we could meet at the dairy queen in Crockett, I'll buy ya'll some burgers and we can give it another shot. Thanks!

Last edited:

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't make it this weekend, but possibly the weekend after that. PM if you're interested in going then.

joseph289

Mar 5, 2014
fort worth
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
just notice this post. I am in west fort worth. I looking for people to hunt with and to help me learn my how correctly use my garret ace 250

Walter65

Jun 8, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I know the post is old but still being read. I live int the Dallas ft worth metroplex and looking for some one to buddy up with.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fall will be here before you know it, and perfect Texas detecting weather. How about somebody coming up with a place for a Texas group hunt some weekend. There would be some planning and work involved, but I think it could happen. I have hunted with Baggins and Old River at the Chisholm trail Hunts up in Kansas and it was a blast! Just a thought, ideas welcome.

Walter65

Jun 8, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just notice this post. I am in west fort worth. I looking for people to hunt with and to help me learn my how correctly use my garret ace 250
. Hey I'm interested in finding someone to buddy around with I live in north Dallas near Frisco but work in downtown Ft Worth. I'm new but I also have some areas picked out that interest me. I'm learning and I would guess the best way to learn is to dig in. If your still interested shoot me a reply. Happy hunting

Shawks18

Apr 5, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been on TN in a while. But I'm still looking for someone to dig with! Im located in south fort worth. I go out usually every weekend or any day i get off work as well. If anyones interested shoot me a message!
HH!

mpwuzhere

Mar 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things can be found near Dallas? I'm in...once I get there....moving to Dallas soon.. would love to tag a long...I'll bring beer. If the going is tough, I have a Jeep... Want to learn more...

EdwarDallas

Jan 1, 2015
Old East Dallas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Pinpointer "Carrot"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in East Dallas, but I'd drive to have a hunting buddy if we had a game plan, such as a specific area or property to search. I'm looking to meet other detectorists in/around Dallas. Very interested in ghost towning and private homes with permission.

Edward

Hand Digger

Greenie
Dec 21, 2015
Rockwall, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just joined the site. I am interested in meeting more hobbyists and hunting. Let me know and I will join in.

Shannon

Walter65

Jun 8, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All ways looking to buddy up. Home base in The Colony. Work in downtown Ft Worth

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever find your ring?

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost ring

Did you find your ring?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread