Heading to Ecuador, South America for 3 months.

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I am finally making it down to Ecuador next month for at least 3 months. Yeah, i do know that it is a 3rd world, Latin American country that could be dangerous. I have been researching this trip for 2 years now and I have some connections. I will be bringing my sluice, metal detector and some other ultra light trekking equipment. Over the course of 3 months, i am meeting a few different people who will be joining me. Compared to most countries, Ecuador is still very wild, with an old west feeling to it. Much of the Amazon basin is still a bit unexplored and a majority of it is still unmapped. If you are a history buff, you will find Ecuador fascinating with its Inca and pre-inca history. Lots of buries/hidden treasure stories involving the Incas are still undiscovered. For a tiny little country, Ecuador has a huge variety of geography ranging from the Pacific coast to the north and west, the central Andes mountains in the center and the beautiful and exotic Amazonian basin to the east.

Feel free to post any questions or comments and i will try to keep you guys updated on my trip. I fly out on March 15th.

Cheers!

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am green with envy...sounds like a great adventure. ! Please do keep us updated!!! :headbang:

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds to me like you are living the dream. I saw a thing on the discovery channel
where a NASA guy had figured out how to locate ancient ruins using satellite images.
The vegetation around the ruins gives away their location. I bet you could do the
same thing with google earth or some such. Good luck and be careful. I would love
to hear your results.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your trip!

Sounds like a great time!

OP
OP
Alaskan Adventurer

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
Get you shot card up to date, no kidding; then enjoy your trip.
Don....

Yeah, getting my typhoid/yellow fever shots a week before flying out. I have been all over Central America and am pretty experienced dealing with the tropics.

Just broke down and bought a Minelab Sovereign Gt md. I was browsing youtube and was doing a search on a cool, hippy town that i have been researching, and in one of the videos the owner of this riverfront property was playing with the soil along the river. She called literally see the gold in the soil. I don't think they realize the potential though. I am talking to them now about testing the gravel with my sluice and hooking them up with 20%. Sounds like they are interested. The rocks are almost solid quartz and you should see the amount of bedrock. This area is known for its gold in the rivers. I am hella excited now. Every spring the area receives mass heavy rain and new soil/gravel is replaced.

onemoretime

Jun 7, 2011
Planning a trip to Ecuador in the future also; so I would enjoy hearing how your trip went. I'm researching the gold area on the east side of the country and all the lost trasure stories in the area. I would like to hear about your trip and what you think of the country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread