sticky : my opinion.treasurenet events traffic should stay on treasurenet only

ghost of scrounger

Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been following the florida hunt page.seemed so slow from what ive known in the past.

then ,today someone had brought some pictures over from facebook.

DAWNS THE LIGHT. SURE ITS SLOW WHEN HALF THE TRAFFIC IS GOING ON FACEBOOK.

MY OPINION. going to facebook is stealing traffic frm tnet. since these are events that originate here

lets keep them here.and be faithful to our sponsor. i vote no dual listing on facebook.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fla Hunt was documented with links to Facebook in its thread as it was being planned, it is not an issue.

OP
OP
G

ghost of scrounger

Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok.i got in late and didnt see it. i still say IN FUTURE i think the traffic should stay here.

i see u r a mod so i cant argue w that. but im notsure what that means. r u a volunteer.or r u paid?

all i know is number of hits equals income if less hits equals less income.

is that money out of ur personal pocket or not?

if not then i bet whoever pocket recieving less moey would.

perssonaly treasure hunter i ve seen many posts by you and have agreed with most of them.but cannot on this

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do not get paid.

Hunt was coordinated and linked to TreasureNet....

Your welcome to contact admins but no rules were violated and TN thread on hunt was kept up to date.....

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been following the florida hunt page.seemed so slow from what ive known in the past.

then ,today someone had brought some pictures over from facebook.

DAWNS THE LIGHT. SURE ITS SLOW WHEN HALF THE TRAFFIC IS GOING ON FACEBOOK.

MY OPINION. going to facebook is stealing traffic frm tnet. since these are events that originate here

lets keep them here.and be faithful to our sponsor. i vote no dual listing on facebook.

Well scrounger kinda suprised that you didn't say anything like this at the hunt, but rather were stating it was such a great hunt. ??

In fact we had about 90% of those from facebook were already members of treasurenet. and we ended up bringing about 5-6 new people to treasurenet, in essence thats what i was trying to accomplish, by positively promoting a great website like treasurenet( member since 2005) , and utilizing FB to mainstream TNet and the hunt. Promoting a great event, and an great website.

Just a couple of things you stated " been following the florida hunt page.seemed so slow from what ive known in the past." We have 19 pages and over 377 replies..far from slow.

Using Facebook can only bring more traffic to Tnet, probably the reason that Treasurenet too has a FB page: http://www.facebook.com/TreasureNet

I see tons of others promoting Tnet through their Youtube videos as well, again only bringing more traffic to Tnet not stealing it,

"is that money out of ur personal pocket or not"( directed towards moderators,thought i would chime in on this one also) - I didn't organize this hunt to make money , it was to get folks out and have fun, detecting, meeting each other, and talking and networking about what we love and that's..... detecting.

It takes alot of hard work, and time to do what we did, and I'm proud of everyone from Treasurenet and those that came over from FB to join our great community here, and made the hunt the great success it was.!!

OP
OP
G

ghost of scrounger

Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was a great hunt.no doubt.nothing changes there. last thing wanna be is a whiner. but i also value my freedom.

tnet s an open site.love it.they do not force you to join anything or register to view all the content here.

my gripe is with facebook. i feel left out of whats going on and i want to view.without having to join

or give information. facebook is not fair i wont join it just to view. if they are so wonderful ask them

if they will allow a mirror that sends all content back to tnet where i can see it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was a great hunt.no doubt.nothing changes there. last thing wanna be is a whiner. but i also value my freedom.

tnet s an open site.love it.they do not force you to join anything or register to view all the content here.

my gripe is with facebook. i feel left out of whats going on and i want to view.without having to join

or give information. facebook is not fair i wont join it just to view. if they are so wonderful ask them

if they will allow a mirror that sends all content back to tnet where i can see it.

I do agree with you on facebook & the other social Media traps.
I also refuse to sign up to them, yet the continuously try to scam me by
sending me fake emails saying someone I never heard of friended me, wants me to join,
and of late Unfriended me :tongue3: how can I be unfriended by someone where I've never been
by someone I don't know :laughing9:
I guess they think I'm going to be so upset, I'll join to kiss Heiney :tongue3:

===

to those like ocalasix and others who promote our site through them :notworthy: Thank you though

Last edited:

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

or give information.
facebook is not fair i wont join it just to view. if they are so wonderful ask them

The same information was posted on both sites so those not on FB had access to the same information here at Treasurenet. so there was nothing "extra" posted at FB.

OP
OP
G

ghost of scrounger

Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do agree with you on facebook & the other social Media traps.
I also refuse to sign up to them, yet the continuously try to scam me by
sending me fake emails saying someone I never heard of friended me, wants me to join,
and of late Unfriended me :tongue3: how can I be unfriended by someone where I've never been
by someone I don't know :laughing9:
I guess they think I'm going to be so upset, I'll join to kiss Heiney :tongue3:

===

to those like ocalasix and others who promote our site through them :notworthy: Thank you thttough

thanks jeff .i knew there were other folk that agreed on this. i guess i dont articlate that well.

ocalasix u did an excellent job. i sure didnt mean for my upset of fb to reflect on you.

which also why i started a seperate thread for this.

i became mad when emails from fb said old high school flame wantsa date.

i married wife saw it.yikes.not good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread