fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I have been speaking with many officials this past week and will be meeting with the Asst. City Manager early next week about an organized Historical dig at one of the founding fathers of this towns original homestead from 1860. I have secured permission to hunt the 10 acres next to the homestead but really want to work this homestead. The house is actually built around the original cabin.

Where I am going with this is that I am a newbie to metal detecting and would need help if I can secure permission. I do not want to give out the exact details for fear of lurkers that might raid this spot even though it is gated and locked with "No Trespassing" signs. So what I would need is professionals from the DFW area to assist. I have already agreed to donate all relics relating to the original homestead that they want to the historical society keeping only articles post dating the Founder. Also We would keep any coinage since it cannot be directly attributed to him.

Anyone who might be interested or has been through one of these kind of digs please chime in.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Ron

txhawkeye2534

Jan 30, 2015
Harker Heights Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -White's MXT
White's DFX300 - White's Spectra 3i
White's Coin Master-Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Ron,
Your hunt sounds great, I do a lot of work for the historical societies in Texas. Let me know more about your dig when are were,I can get a couple more guys.

joses

Feb 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds Fun. I'm in. I'm a newbie too with a top of the line detector. Anxious to get going.

jwatkins

Greenie
Feb 17, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
We deploy multiple electromagnetic instruments that include EM31, EM38, EM61...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are a geophysical company out of Texas that has multiple pieces of equipment for subsurface investigation. Let me know if we might be of service!

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya They found the treasure and never were heard from again !! And we missed it. Maybe their just being Quite until it's all in a safe place and no one can dig it up. But people post things that get us going. They find what they need and forget their friends who helped in the first place on these sites. But I say , One for all and all for one!! Ha Ha Going Detecting to find my own stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread