OzarkHistory

Greenie
Aug 3, 2014
Ozark MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, i'm new to this forum and i just wanted to share some information about an unlikely myth. So everybody has heard about Jessie James "The Outlaw not the singer :)". He was born in MO and was a Bushwhacker during the Civil War, Jessie and his gang robbed trains and bank. what did he do with his stolen money? There is a myth about him and his money. He was said to have stolen $250,000 and some have said that he has a hidden treasure. in the treasure would be coins and silver and the coins would be dated from 1847-94. If this is true it would be one of the greatest finds in US History.

My grandparents own 780 acres in a small town in northern MO close to Kansas City. My grandmother told me that there was an old house out in the corn field and it was dated back to the civil war and she said that Jessie James used it as a hideout from the law. But my grandpa was angry about the house because it was in the middle of the corn field and he torn it down for some reason. of course i didn't believe that story but i was curious so i asked my Mother and she said it was true because she turned it into an old clubhouse when she was a kid before it was torn down.

Me and a Friend want to go metal detect around the area and see if we can find some coins dated back then and maybe some relics. Possibly but i doubt we will find the "Hidden Treasure" :tongue3:

imma post an update when we get there and dig. Thanks! Jesse_james_portrait.jpg

Edit: Jessie James was murdered in St. Jospeph, my grandparents place is not to far from there.

If anybody knows more about this "cache" please tell me, thanks!

Last edited:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a wonderful idea ...

Wish my GF and myself lived a little closer we'd love to join in on that hunt, good luck to you 2 :icon_thumright:

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya never know till you try. Good luck and I hope you find something cool. I continue to find things in hunted out areas, so don't be discouraged. Go find the loot.

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
James gang or not, it sounds like a promising site. Welcome to TreasureNet. Please post pics of your finds.

stillcounting

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend, thousands of yarns about James Gang treasures are found across most of America. Not all of them are lies. Some of Jesse's stashes have been recovered in OK, AR and MO. In every incidence of treasure being found, certain clues were left which led to the loot. Clues are found on old trees (hootowls) carved or strangely shaped stones, objects driven into trees or sometimes drill holes in rock ledges. Some of the above or other clues, sometimes fairly large metal, usually cast iron, items are shallowly buried around the stash. There are many maps to JJ/KGC treasures that do not name or identify the area the map fits. The clues must be found and their location carefully placed on a topo map, they will make some sort of pattern which will correspond to the required map. All of those maps are quite similar and the clues used at most treasure sites are the same items, i.e. plow points. wagon skeins, iron rods, short links of chains (one link=one division of measurement....always surveyor's measurements. You won't even need a detector to begin your search. Just find some clues to get you lined out. I'm not on the net much but seem to recall seeing a website with photos of real treasure clues. Please don't contact me as I have no more info. Thanks and good hunting.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any up-dates ... ???

OP
OP
OzarkHistory

OzarkHistory

Greenie
Aug 3, 2014
Ozark MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still trying to find a date to go there, school just started

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any updates?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I am curious also. Back in the mid 60's I had a science teacher in Junior High who claimed to be a direct descendant of Jesse James. He also claimed to know the "general" area of buried loot. He was going to search this area during the summer vacation. I remember him saying that it was buried along a barb wire fence line by a fence post. I also remember him mentioning Kansas City farm field. Not sure if it was Kansas City, Missouri or the Kansas City, Kansas side. The teachers' name was Columbus Vaughn, that I do remember.

Sundance36

May 6, 2016
Paso Robles CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a search dude , many threads here and most think there was never no stash ever hidden .

Dury James one of the founders of Paso Robles Ca, was Jessie James's uncle. It has been said he came here to hide out while healing up from something. So who knows if you live between Mo and Ca. there could be a chance but not much of one.

Jeff

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There 's a lady named Betty Duke that claims to be his great granddaughter and she saying he lived in Blevins Tex till he past away

Sjuusola

Greenie
Jan 21, 2016
Minneapolis
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in KC Mo and ready to search with you, Scott juusola also listed in the ringfinders.com under MN directory.

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only opinion that I will give is that KGC payment stashes did exist .weather any do anymore who is to say but you ,if you find any and while looking for them you may run across other things. Welcome to the site and cant wait to see what you find out there.

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As many banks that he rob there got to be some still out there

Wally Taylor

Jan 3, 2017
Western New York
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, White's Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jesse died in 1882, so it would have been difficult for him to bury coins dated 1894.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread