Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ghostrdr.gif
The second Post has the web site for more information.
Hi TNet members I am considering putting on a two day hunt with Stony. The location would be on the Chisholm Cattle trail. This location is a field and tree lined creek.. In the 1890’s this area had three houses, a livery stable, a house of ill-repute next to the trail. I would not consider these 10 acres to be heavily detected. I have found an 1892-quarter, Indian head penny no date, a US bridal rosette, bullets and numerous artifacts. I am considering having a few tokens planted for prizes also. During the two days we will have a break to visit the talking tombstones. This is a program that people tell the history of the person buried at each site. We will also have a dinner theater at night in the original site of the first opera house in Caldwell. These are at no cost to the registered hunters. BBQ dinner the first night an additional $8.00.
Caldwell was founded in 1871 astride the then new Chisholm Trail as an economic adventure of a group of Wichita entrepreneurs. The trail, running from Texas to the Intercontinental Railroad in northern Kansas, guided over a million longhorn steers and their guardian cowboys through Caldwell.
This vintage cow town --- a place of cowboys, saloons, gambling, and violence --- boasted a longer cow town period (1880 - 1885), a higher murder rate, and loss of more law enforcement officers than other more famous cow towns. Being the first town north of Indian Territory, cowboys went wild in this untamed "Border Queen City" after months on the dusty and treacherous trail. Gunfights, showdowns, hangings and general hell-raising were commonplace. From these true stories came the romanticized American cowboy and the love of the Wild West.
Caldwell's riotous past is acknowledges with a life-sized silhouette of a trail cattle drive, historical markers everywhere you turn telling the cowtown stories, boot hill cemetery with "Talking Tombstone" re-enactors, and celebrations that bring history to life.
Would you be interested in such a hunt? I would have to charge $50 dollars for those hunting. Prizes will be handed out on the last day.
If this will be of interest to you let me know with feed back. Only in planning stage at this time. I will start up a website for more details if interest warrants it. Let me know if this strikes interest. Check this web site out to find more on this area. http://caldwellkansas.com Thanks for looking.
Burdie

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Re: The Chisholm Trail hunt a possibility??

that would be a blast.....would love to attend.......if i can get out there, count me in

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

It sounds terrific. I'd love to come. If I can get off work, I'll be planning for it.

Any idea when, yet?

Nan

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

Sounds like a great hunt and get together......hopefully a weekend thing. Have you any ideas when your going to set it for yet?

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gregd573 said:
Sounds like a great hunt and get together......hopefully a weekend thing. Have you any ideas when your going to set it for yet?

The best time to be exposed to what the communittee has to offer is May and October but we could put this on in July through October. The heat is an issue in July through September. I need feed back on best times for everyone.
Burdie

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

The weather at JD"s hunt last year in October was great....just never know about that time of year....but I think as many folks on this site who have been detecting in everything from 12" of snow to the hottest of summers would not complain of any time set on a hunt of this nature cause we folks adapt to the situation......I would love to detect on a piece of the Chisholm Trail.......if nothing else to say that I was there and soak in a little history with some Kansas fresh air......keep me posted Burdie, and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know.........HH..gregd573

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Make sure you bring a shade umbrella.The State Tree of Kansas is a telephone pole!
(sorry Burdie)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm in! Sounds like GREAT fun! Let me know if you need me to help. :)

Nana ;)

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

warsawdaddy said:
Make sure you bring a shade umbrella.The State Tree of Kansas is a telephone pole!
(sorry Burdie)

OK Bud that means you have to come. :D It just would not be the same with out you.
Burdie

ken-ks

Oct 26, 2006
southcentral kansas
Detector(s) used
whites mxt & minelab x50

The hunt sounds like a lot of fun, I'd sure be interested. I've never participated in a organized hunt, always wanted to, just 60 miles or so southeast, would be great. ken-ks

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

I do like your silhouette though. It might be easier to work with.

Attachments

• silhouette2.JPG
    silhouette2.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 318
  • silhouette.jpg
    silhouette.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 346

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

Sounds good to me. Let us know as soon as you get an idea of dates......

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!!!!

Roger

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thats a great idea!! i hope you guys the best! jd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread