Calling all treasure hunters!

Feb 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you trying to fund a treasure hunting expedition? Do you KNOW of a life-changing find that you just need the resources to go out and get? Are you just one grant, Kickstarter, or benevolent investor away from making history? We want to hear your story!

A television production company is looking into amateur treasure hunters across the globe. Specifically, we’re looking for people who’ve done enough research and independent investigation to narrow their search area down to just a few possible locations.

Ideally your expedition will be at or just past the planning stages. If the only thing delaying your search - whether it’s for gold, art, rare collections, or iconic cultural heirlooms - is financial backing, we want to hear your pitch!

What are you looking for? How have you conducted your investigation? What would this find mean for the world and for you personally?

Please send a paragraph about yourself and a photo to [email protected]. All information is for internal development only.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wowzers!! never heard this before

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A television production company"

A television production company that uses Gmail seems odd to me.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1720736303_facepalm_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
perfect response Jason

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Austin. We should get a group of guys together, ask a 1st grader to draw us a treasure map, I think just fir character one of us should chew on a cigar till it looks like a dog terd and we all run off into the desert looking for the Dutchman's mine.

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you trying to fund a treasure hunting expedition? Do you KNOW of a life-changing find that you just need the resources to go out and get? Are you just one grant, Kickstarter, or benevolent investor away from making history? We want to hear your story!

A television production company is looking into amateur treasure hunters across the globe. Specifically, we’re looking for people who’ve done enough research and independent investigation to narrow their search area down to just a few possible locations.

Ideally your expedition will be at or just past the planning stages. If the only thing delaying your search - whether it’s for gold, art, rare collections, or iconic cultural heirlooms - is financial backing, we want to hear your pitch!

What are you looking for? How have you conducted your investigation? What would this find mean for the world and for you personally?

Please send a paragraph about yourself and a photo to [email protected]. All information is for internal development only.

Just found your post/thread Great idea and indfo, I have a MD shop 20 min South of Boston , A lot of History , have some ideas , I have personaly been detecting over 30 yrs. I will get back with you
thanks

OP
OP
T
Feb 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, everyone. Sorry for letting this thread sit so long - I'd like to take a moment and address some of your concerns.

"A television production company"

A television production company that uses Gmail seems odd to me.

We haven't listed our official production company website on purpose. Essentially, we have found that publicly posting our production company's name and contact information can lead to our systems being flooded with a high volume of phone calls, emails, web submissions, that sort of thing.

Then why should we trust you? you might be thinking to yourself. Well, after we have had a chance to talk some, and before we ask you to give us any detailed information on your potential or pending finds, we will be able to give you our credentials so that you know we are legitimate. Before you would be asked to agree to anything, we would be able to go through whatever concerns you might have and address them. You wouldn't need to give us information we could use to scoop your finds out from under you. A brief description that more conveys the idea - "I have a lead on a valuable historical item that I think could be found somewhere off the coast of California, and it could be worth thousands of dollars" - would be fine for this stage of the conversation.

Please DON'T give us too much information. We definitely want you to feel secure and like there's no chance of us going out and looking for the treasure you've spent a long time researching and surveying for. Once initial contact has been established, if you seem like you might be a suitable candidate for our television show (but, again, BEFORE you have given us any detailed/pertinent information), we'll be able to give you all the details you could ask for.

I hope this has done something to assuage your concerns. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, as I would be happy to address them. Thanks for your time, and good hunting.

Just found your post/thread Great idea and indfo, I have a MD shop 20 min South of Boston , A lot of History , have some ideas , I have personaly been detecting over 30 yrs. I will get back with you
thanks

Please do, we'd love to hear from you.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, everyone. Sorry for letting this thread sit so long - I'd like to take a moment and address some of your concerns.

We haven't listed our official production company website on purpose. Essentially, we have found that publicly posting our production company's name and contact information can lead to our systems being flooded with a high volume of phone calls, emails, web submissions, that sort of thing.

Then why should we trust you? you might be thinking to yourself. Well, after we have had a chance to talk some, and before we ask you to give us any detailed information on your potential or pending finds, we will be able to give you our credentials so that you know we are legitimate. Before you would be asked to agree to anything, we would be able to go through whatever concerns you might have and address them. You wouldn't need to give us information we could use to scoop your finds out from under you. A brief description that more conveys the idea - "I have a lead on a valuable historical item that I think could be found somewhere off the coast of California, and it could be worth thousands of dollars" - would be fine for this stage of the conversation.

Please DON'T give us too much information. We definitely want you to feel secure and like there's no chance of us going out and looking for the treasure you've spent a long time researching and surveying for. Once initial contact has been established, if you seem like you might be a suitable candidate for our television show (but, again, BEFORE you have given us any detailed/pertinent information), we'll be able to give you all the details you could ask for.

I hope this has done something to assuage your concerns. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, as I would be happy to address them. Thanks for your time, and good hunting.

Please do, we'd love to hear from you.

WOW! I am excited!!! I have a lot of treasure hunting experience and I know most of the locations of very valuable outlaw loot, lost treasures and a few other prospects out there. I am very well qualified but not over-qualified!

Here is my certificate on Expert Matter

Expert Certificate 2.jpg

Please send me a PM if you need more information.

OP
OP
T
Feb 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me ask you a question, HarleyMan. Let's say you're right, and this is a bullcrap scam and I'm just trying to steal treasure out from under you using all of your hardwork, research, and expertise.

... If you send me an email saying "My name is HarleyMan, I'm 36 years old, and I know the location of $100,000 worth of undiscovered treasure based on independent research that I have done over the last seven years," is there any possible way, in any universe, that I could use that information to go ahead of you and steal the treasure you worked to find? I think, if you'll really think about it for a moment, you'll realize the answer to that question is "no."

So what would I have to gain from doing all of this, if that were really my goal? Obviously that information won't be nearly enough to help me come close to finding the treasure you've discovered, right? I'm not asking for you to give me any information, at all, that could be used to find your treasure. None, nothing, zilch. I'm just asking for some incredibly basic information you would tell anyone who asked you at a coffee shop. Not only do you have to ask yourself, "what does he have to gain," but you also should ask yourself "what do I have to lose?" Again, if you really think about it I think you'll realize that there isn't really an angle here for me to be scamming anyone. After we have communicated a little bit, I'd be happy to privately divulge the identity of the production company I work for.

Once again, please let me know if you have any concerns, questions, suspicions, or anything of that variety, and I'd be happy to address them and put your concerns to rest.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me ask you a question, HarleyMan. Let's say you're right, and this is a bullcrap scam and I'm just trying to steal treasure out from under you using all of your hardwork, research, and expertise.

... If you send me an email saying "My name is HarleyMan, I'm 36 years old, and I know the location of $100,000 worth of undiscovered treasure based on independent research that I have done over the last seven years," is there any possible way, in any universe, that I could use that information to go ahead of you and steal the treasure you worked to find? I think, if you'll really think about it for a moment, you'll realize the answer to that question is "no."

So what would I have to gain from doing all of this, if that were really my goal? Obviously that information won't be nearly enough to help me come close to finding the treasure you've discovered, right? I'm not asking for you to give me any information, at all, that could be used to find your treasure. None, nothing, zilch. I'm just asking for some incredibly basic information you would tell anyone who asked you at a coffee shop. Not only do you have to ask yourself, "what does he have to gain," but you also should ask yourself "what do I have to lose?" Again, if you really think about it I think you'll realize that there isn't really an angle here for me to be scamming anyone. After we have communicated a little bit, I'd be happy to privately divulge the identity of the production company I work for.

Once again, please let me know if you have any concerns, questions, suspicions, or anything of that variety, and I'd be happy to address them and put your concerns to rest.

I am not concerned about you stealing any information I may have. I just don't go in coffee shops and just spurting at the mouth, but I understand your point of conversing with people. I just don't work for free and just don't give out information to people I don't know. It isn't a matter of thinking you might steal the treasure. It is sort of like this......Can I get all your banking information.....I don't want to steal it, I just want to know how much money you have in there just for information purposes, I can assure you I won't need any money out of your account! Would you "trust" me?

I was already approached 5 times on searching for treasure over a year ago by 3 different production companies, (they called me, I didn't search for them, must be something they learned of me from somewhere. 3 Members here can vouch they called for me when I informed them of the companies doing so), and 3 shows the one production company was going to do wanted me to do it for free and tried convincing me I would get exposure for other things that would make me money! I still have all the messages left, phone calls recorded, emails, video auditions, video discussions on the matter if you care to be more interested. Because I can sit at my house and draw my Army Reserve pay, prospect for gold, play my guitars, and do nothing else for more money than what I was offered.

So on another note. Sure I wouldn't mind being part of a show, (and who wouldn't?), that would cover researching and possibly recover lost treasure/outlaw loot, etc. But I don't do BS fake drama and certainly won't be made to look like a fool on national TV. If you are looking for drama, then make it real, you know something of the fact of being up in the mountains and wild mountain lions are wanting to steal my food! Now that would be a real problem with mountain lions because I don't give up my food that easily and I don't run away! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the other problem with TTVE, You are a nobody in the business. You are a headhunter, and as such you can offer us nothing, nor promise us anything. You're here to give us the unicorns and rainbows speech so everyone runs out and sends your company head-shots and audition videos. So what happens when one of us gets the call and then shows up for this wonderful program only to be greeted by wardrobe and given a script to rehearse? Some of us here have already been down this road. Don't play ball with the producer and you are out all your own costs and no pay.

So when you show up with a generic gmail account, you look like a crappy company shill. If you want to be taken seriously, give your company email to reply to you directly.

OP
OP
T
Feb 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not concerned about you stealing any information I may have. I just don't go in coffee shops and just spurting at the mouth, but I understand your point of conversing with people. I just don't work for free and just don't give out information to people I don't know. It isn't a matter of thinking you might steal the treasure. It is sort of like this......Can I get all your banking information.....I don't want to steal it, I just want to know how much money you have in there just for information purposes, I can assure you I won't need any money out of your account! Would you "trust" me?

I was already approached 5 times on searching for treasure over a year ago by 3 different production companies, (they called me, I didn't search for them, must be something they learned of me from somewhere. 3 Members here can vouch they called for me when I informed them of the companies doing so), and 3 shows the one production company was going to do wanted me to do it for free and tried convincing me I would get exposure for other things that would make me money! I still have all the messages left, phone calls recorded, emails, video auditions, video discussions on the matter if you care to be more interested. Because I can sit at my house and draw my Army Reserve pay, prospect for gold, play my guitars, and do nothing else for more money than what I was offered.

So on another note. Sure I wouldn't mind being part of a show, (and who wouldn't?), that would cover researching and possibly recover lost treasure/outlaw loot, etc. But I don't do BS fake drama and certainly won't be made to look like a fool on national TV. If you are looking for drama, then make it real, you know something of the fact of being up in the mountains and wild mountain lions are wanting to steal my food! Now that would be a real problem with mountain lions because I don't give up my food that easily and I don't run away! :laughing7:
I can totally see where you're coming from. We've heard similar things from a number of treasure hunters we've talked to in the past, about being burned by previous production companies. This is especially frustrating when they ask you to put in loads of time or effort to their project, and then nothing ever comes of it. While it is a reality that sometimes shows get derailed for one reason or another, we are firm believers in not requiring that amount of effort from prospective people to be featured on our show. All we are ultimately looking to do, at this stage, is to have a brief phonecall or two and then a short, 10-15 minute Skype interview if things seem amenable, and that's it. That way, if things don't work out, you've only lost twenty minutes of your time and not hours, days, or weeks.

I also definitely know where you're coming from regarding fake drama and fake things in general. Our aim with this project is to be very real, to emphasize the research angle, and to only show stuff that actually happens. The focus will not be on "the drama of treasure hunting," and will be more about treasure hunting.

Here's the other problem with TTVE, You are a nobody in the business. You are a headhunter, and as such you can offer us nothing, nor promise us anything. You're here to give us the unicorns and rainbows speech so everyone runs out and sends your company head-shots and audition videos. So what happens when one of us gets the call and then shows up for this wonderful program only to be greeted by wardrobe and given a script to rehearse? Some of us here have already been down this road. Don't play ball with the producer and you are out all your own costs and no pay.

So when you show up with a generic gmail account, you look like a crappy company shill. If you want to be taken seriously, give your company email to reply to you directly.
I can absolutely see where you're coming from re: the generic gmail account, which is why I addressed it before. After we've had the chance to talk for just a few minutes, even by email, I'd be more than happy to give out that information. We've just found that publicly posting company contact information has not worked out well for us in the past (largely due to bots and scripts that search through public webforums looking for emails to spam, especially that mention "productions," "films," "studios," etc.

Regarding your other concerns, I can say this: there will be no script to rehearse beyond whatever preparation you would like to do yourself for coming in, and before you come in you will be made aware of all pertinent details: what we're doing, what your role would be, what we'll be filming you doing, who you'll be talking to, and we'll have legal contracts in place to protect you and your research. If any of this doesn't pass your sniff test on any level, you don't have to sign anything and you don't have to come in. And before we even got to the point where we were talking finer details like this, all we'll have wanted from you is that previously mentioned brief Skype interview and a few minutes of your time to answer questions you might have.

Last edited:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

VERY WELL SAID Jason!!!!!!!! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TTVE. No disrespect to you, but look at it from all of our sides. You come here blatantly say you are looking for treasure hunters and in 3 postings, you don't even introduce yourself and you come in here with this sales pitch mojo. You don't even tell us your first name. That in itself is sorta of being disrespectful if you can't even say, "Hello, My name is Joe Schmoe and I joined this site because I am working with a production company who is interested in hearing about treasure hunters who may be interested in doing a show" Spill. Get my meaning?

Some of us have been there done that with interviews, what nots, etc, and words gets around on the real spill of reality shows. No one wants to look stupid like Todd Puffman, no one wants to be unsafe in working conditions like those guys in Axe Men, (hell, if I knew a tree was being cut, I certainly would not be standing in line of the fall), and nobody wants to be the drama queen of Honey Boo Boo, and no one who is a survivalist will be dropped off on a remote land somewhere, (Naked and Afraid), and cry like a baby because they can't forage for food and water and complain about bugs and being cold, and the other stupid shows that go with it.

Now, if you decide to interview me for a treasure hunting show, (I can provide at least 9 treasure stories that are factual and no one has found), BUT....I mean BUT....... if you want my photos or video interview it will cost PRE-PAID $10,000 CASH, because I already had enough of sending my videos and pictures out for free for production companies "CALLING FOR ME"!

BTW, "WHAT" is the NAME of production company and "WHAT" is the NAME of the network is looking? You can certainly provide that much!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T
Feb 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THM, you're right about not introducing myself, and for that I apologize. My name is Colin, and I am an associate producer at my production company. That should have been said from the get-go, and I apologize for not doing so. I didn't think about it, but I can see how that would come off as disrespectful.

As I have stated twice in this topic thusfar, we have a company policy against posting the name of our production company along with contact information for that company publicly because it results in our systems being spammed. I am more than willing to provide that information to you privately, however, which I have done (check your PMs).

There's no possible way we could pay you money to do a ten-minute Skype interview, I'm sorry to say, but if you truly are worth $60,000/hour than I am sad we won't be able to include you.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL well this is the first head hunter who actually answers questions
and for that alone I like it
Too bad I am a new mder and have no stories or legends
I am only the most interesting man on Tnet ( read all my posts and see)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread