Determining interest on a seeded relic hunt ....

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
I got a wild hair and decided to see if anyone would be interested in a small scale seeded relic and coin hunt in MO next spring. It would be small scale, maybe 25-30 hunters, around $50 per hunter, $10 non-hunter (no idea how much common silver coins costs, never really looked). Burgers, hot dogs and chips provided....BYOB (beverage). It would be mostly coins and Civil War bullets, maybe some buttons, a few attendance prizes if I can afford it. More or less in the 'thinking' stage right now. I am not as young as I used to be, so I don't know if I can dig several hundred holes to plant things, but I'd like to see some of my pals again :)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great to me but come over to the Chisholm Trail hunt and save your self some work. We would love to have you come over and visit all your friends..
Burdie

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...what Burdie said! ;D ;)

OP
OP
Gribnitz

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
I REALLY want too, but I have to go out of town two weekends right around that period. I will have to listen to hen pecking for months until it blows over until next fall again. I am still debating over it, but have to get her in an exceptionally good mood.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gribnitz said:
I REALLY want too, but I have to go out of town two weekends right around that period. I will have to listen to hen pecking for months until it blows over until next fall again. I am still debating over it, but have to get her in an exceptionally good mood.
Tell her we have a huge craft sale on main street that Saturday and lots of other activities. We call it the fall festival celabration.
Thought I would try to help. ;D Take care my friend.
Burdie

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gribnitz said:

Grib, Grib, Grib. :D Now I know that you haven't been married soooo long that you have forgotten how to put a smile on Momma's face. ;D

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
Gribnitz said:
DIAMONDS work well Grib.....LOL!!! :o

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of MO? I know I may be interested... but how would my Ace 150 hold up around more professional detectors? Eh, still sounds like fun though!

Bran <><

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Grib, there is going to be non hunters at the Chisholm trail hunt. She would probably have a great time if she came along. Have here read the post about the Abandoned Spouse Society. My wife has nothing to do with detecting but she read that and said "I have to go now".

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
godisnum1 said:
What part of MO? I know I may be interested... but how would my Ace 150 hold up around more professional detectors? Eh, still sounds like fun though!

Bran <><

Not to worry, Bran. I have an Ace 250 and a Minelab XTerra 70, and would have no qualms at all in using the Ace 250 only. And by then you'll probably have another detector or two, anyway :P

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well mine's the 150, not the 250. But I know it'll be after this next year (when I hopefully graduate from college) until I'm able to purchase a new second detector. But I know it'll happen one day. Until that time, I'm satisfied with my detector! ;D The more I dig holes where I have to keep widening them 'cause I can't get a good fix on the location of the item, the more I want to get myself a handheld pinpointer to narrow down my search. All the advice I've been given had to do with the 250, which has a point point function, rather than mine that does not.
Sorry, I'm babbling. Heh...

Bran <><

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
godisnum1 said:
Well mine's the 150, not the 250.Until that time, I'm satisfied with my detector! ;D The more I dig holes where I have to keep widening them 'cause I can't get a good fix on the location of the item, the more I want to get myself a handheld pinpointer to narrow down my search. All the advice I've been given had to do with the 250, which has a point point function, rather than mine that does not.
Sorry, I'm babbling. Heh...

Bran <><

You're not babbling, Bran. The 150 is just fine, too. I very seldom use the pinpoint feature on the 250 any more; just takes some practice. And yes, a handheld pinpointer is a must!!

If you're really interested in relics; I'd recommend the Tesoro Vaquero. I know that Gribnitz, the author of this thread, will agree. Or even a Tejon, the Vaquero's big brother!!!!

Job One, though, is get that Degree ;D

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Grib,
I'd be interested - as you said - just thinkin' for now. But it would be fun, and a whoppin' 5 (? - 6?) months after the Chisholm Trail hunt.

It'd be great if you could go to that one too, but in any case, put me down as a "definite maybe" for springtime. :D

HH
Nan

p.s
what Bran said! ;D

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Sounds great too me since I'm in Missouri......Grib, which part of MO are you thinking about????? Would be nice to find a spot that has produced and then include the seeded also.....Never know what someone might find....

RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread