Western North Carolina hunting partners

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to metal detect areas along the North Carolina and Tennessee Border as well as the streams and rivers! The only problem is that most of these areas are either within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or National Forests where Metal Detectors and metal detecting is off-limits for most areas except maybe camping and parking areas.

Frank

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to metal detect areas along the North Carolina and Tennessee Border as well as the streams and rivers! The only problem is that most of these areas are either within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or National Forests where Metal Detectors and metal detecting is off-limits for most areas except maybe camping and parking areas.

Frank
It's legal to detect in national forests and I'd be game for the search. Plus I have a couple of kayaks for mobility and hauling out of finds.

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't all waterways open to public MDing?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not sure about North Carolina but here in Tennessee, they have given the yes or no say to the Head Ranger over a given District in letting MD'ers use metal detectors and it is a no for the South Cherokee National Forest but not sure about the North Cherokee. They also control the rivers, streams and creeks that flow through National Forests.

Frank

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to see why so many give up MDing. I just bought a new machine, pointer etc, but I'm flabbergasted by the amount of regulation in relation to our hobby. Where can anyone go without breaking so many laws?

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure is where you find it