Butch Cassidy's Lost Treasure

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
For those interested in Confederate treasure (a long way from Butch Cassidy):

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...federate-treasure-annotated-bibliography.html

I believe Colorado legend about a Butch Cassidy treasure started based on the robbery of the San Miguel Valley Bank, Telluride, on June 24, 1889. Personally I'd suggest the odds are slim he buried that loot - because he kept robbing banks and trains.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those interested in Confederate treasure (a long way from Butch Cassidy):

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...federate-treasure-annotated-bibliography.html

I believe Colorado legend about a Butch Cassidy treasure started based on the robbery of the San Miguel Valley Bank, Telluride, on June 24, 1889. Personally I'd suggest the odds are slim he buried that loot - because he kept robbing banks and trains.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

I agree with this.

The Wild Bunch blew thru their loot like a tornado in a trailer court.

After a "job" the gang took their shares and then split up for a while to avoid detection.
Once they ran out of money some of them would link back up and steal some more.

This is the first I have ever heard of a Cassidy treasure .....so I won't dismiss it completely until I learn more about the circumstances under which it was stashed.But like Old Bookaroo I would say it is extremely unlikely Cassidy ever stashed any of his loot anywhere other then his saddle bag.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post the stuff dreams are made of for me anyway Good luck

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Working currently on some reported hunting for the caches by Elzy Lay once he was released from prison. He remained in the region of Southwest Wyoming and locals believe he found one cache. When I find some articles I will present them.

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to but I dont have any experience id detecting, YET...

Maybe someone will find an old peace keeper or some other period weapon

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Beth's original post is over a year and a half old and I believe they already filmed and aired it on Expedition Unknown Season 4, Episode 4 and titled "Butch Cassidy's Lost Loot" :dontknow:

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only person that benifited from Butch Cassidy's treasure was Paul Newman. He is dead now, so we will never know just how much it was worth.

seacaptain

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2019
Philadelphia, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Beth. How are you? My name is Paul and I am a new member of Treasure Net. I saw this post and wanted to enthusiastically reply.
I contacted a few members concerning the Little Big Horn Gold. A captain of a ship put it there. I have been declined by everyone. I
want to search for the gold. I want to do this by starting an elite company dedicated to integrity, honesty and top quality results or
discoveries. No One is interested in searching for the gold. I know it is still there. I am interested in joining the expedition that will be
looking for the Butch Gold. Will you be the leader? Will you contact me on this site?

I am a natural at finding things. I am very patriotic, trustworthy, honest, very healthy, fit and in shape, and have plenty of energy.
I can search for things for hours. There are lots of treasure to be found. Are you familiar with the Las Vegas Desert Treasure?
Contact me soon, Beth. Cordial regards, Paul My site name is seacaptain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions