Butch Cassidy's Lost Treasure

PirateBeth

Apr 27, 2016
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow treasure hunting friends! I’m a producer for a Travel Channel show. Our program explores archeological mysteries around the world, teaching real history in the context of an entertaining expedition to exciting places. We posted about this in the General section, but wanted to cross post as we would be interested in organizing a search in the Moffat Colorado area in search of Butch Cassidy's buried treasure.

Let us know if you would be interested in joining us on a hunt. Thanks for your time and consideration.

PS this forum is amazing and I will make sure to abide by all "internet forum" laws and if I step out of line, I will humbly take my lumps.

Heres to hoping we find some gold...

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
PirateBeth:

Welcome to TN!

This website discourages multiple posts of the same message. Thought you'd want to know.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tnet member hunt- great idea

three members of Tnet from across the US travel to utah to find butch cassidy's hidden loot

Treasure_Hunter, Jeff-gordon and some youngish female member ( I have no idea who) meet up for a ten day scouring of the Utah desert crevices !!
I smell a hit!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
answered your inquiry on the other forum heading. As old bookaroo says : No need to double and triple post.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
slightly surprised to not receive a contract yet

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Butch never buried treasures in Connecticut, so I am not looking for his treasures.

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here I would have be dollars to donuts that Butch & Sundance never made it this far east in Colorado - as in Moffat Colorado located in the San Louis Valley. Need to do a little of research.

Last edited:

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes! Welcome to the forum!!!! I would love to go on a true expedition to a historic site and hunt! LOL

coloradocav1

Jan 4, 2016
colorado
Detector(s) used
mxt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They said Moffat in the message, Moffat county is northwest Colorado. probably Irish canyon, and Brown's hole area. Didn't see any mention of Conneticut, eastern Colorado or Saguache

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They said Moffat in the message, Moffat county is northwest Colorado. probably Irish canyon, and Brown's hole area. Didn't see any mention of Conneticut, eastern Colorado or Saguache

That makes more since it being Moffat county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Butch & Sundance were near the Royal Gorge some years back. Oh wait that was Redford & Newman film the movie. Might have to find it and watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lilwelder

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2018
Hayden, Colorado
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My husband and I live in northwestern Colorado and are amaeture treasure hunters. We've spent some time around Irish Canyon and Browns park. We'd love to be of help to you.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here I would have be dollars to donuts that Butch & Sundance never made it this far east in Colorado - as in Moffat Colorado located in the San Louis Valley. Need to do a little of research.
I believe that they both moved to a foreign country and took all their loots with them.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone see the episode that was recently on TV? The one where they found the silver dollar? It dealt with hunting his loot with Chris Jericho.

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to do but to far off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread