Crater of Diamonds Arkansas Wed 8/30/17

CoryB

Feb 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to the forum but am looking for some help diamond hunting. I will be at Crater of diamonds state park- AR all day on Wed, Aug 30th 2017 and am looking for a person or two to help/assist digging at least a 5' hole, then cleaning the dirt in search of diamonds. I was there the other day for half the day and after digging many many small holes (6-12'' max) we had no luck. Everything I have read says you have better luck at 5' and deeper. I will be able to do the brunt of the work, but would need someone to help haul buckets of pay dirt, shovel some, and then to wash it. I will be there when they open, and will leave when they close. I am no expert at this, and this will only be my second time diamond hunting (counting my first trip late last week) but I promise we/you will have fun and might get lucky and find some stones worth some $$. The only thing you will need to do is bring a shovel and a 5 gal bucket for hauling the pay dirt. If your interested in helping with this please respond to this thread, email at [email protected], or text/call me at 302-535-7194. I have poor signal here for my cell, so if you call or text i may not be able to reply right away.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and report back on how you did.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. I'm going in a few weeks. What the "pros", of which I am not, relate is you need to get down to a layer of small gravels, not just dirt. Once you hit the gravel layers you then use a sarucca, the round screens, and "wiggle" the heavies to the middle of the screen, where they will sink to the bottom. You can then flip it over and on what is now the top, the heavies and diamonds will be gathered together. Now keep in mind, the BIGGEST diamonds found there have been eyeballed on the surface, no digging. I found two by random digging of shallow holes and looking where people had discarded their already sorted gravels and didn't know what a diamond looked like and missed some. Mine are tiny.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you have a Great time out there, that would be fun, the regs of the park are fair it looks like, to Dig Outside the park is strict Unless you talk with a land owner, That is what I would plan if going to the area, I tend to like a mini excavator as they make Time and easy Backfill at the end of the day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CoryB

Feb 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys and Ill def keep you posted. Thanks for the tips smokey, any and all are welcome!! Planning on doing this again next year around this time and i will be more informed and prepared....I hope. Maybe if i give more than a day or two's notice we can get a nice group together and really move some dirt. I would like to get about 10+ people together and really move some ground and maybe get a 12' or deeper hole. Ill post pics of my adventure once I get back home from vacation at the end of the week. Ill also keep checking on here to see if anyone wants to join.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread