kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Not for the last 20 years. Was raised in Conroe.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, from what I hear the place has grown up so much since then that I wouldn't even recognize it anymore.

Went to Livingston fairly often. Mom graduated from there. LOVED going out on Lake Livingston! Had some good fishing out there. Probably all jet skis and power boats now.

Sorry, can't help on where to look around. ...One thing that "might" be an idea is to look in some of the small country church lawns in the area.....with permission, of course. There's some really out-of-the-way churches and even more cemeteries. (I wouldn't hunt the cemeteries though....personal preference)

Might even look around in the small areas of Cut-n-Shoot, and Grangerland.

Keep in mind though that these were NOT wealthy areas!! Mostly made up of poor, hard-working folk who paid close attention to what they had (ie.; didn't lose much). However, lots of little kiddies would go out and flag down the ice cream man and often drop some change. Bullies would come along trying to get lunch money, fight would ensue, and some money would be lost. Might even venture deep into the Piney Woods area and look around where you can. Trace back through old maps of the remote country pipelines that used to be scattered all about. Grew up hearing stories how Dad and his brother would go out into the oil fields and get raw gas for their cars! Seems everyone had a gun back then, so is a good likelihood that things were lost in the dark now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
azdirtdigger

azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
AZ Native. Now travel fulltime across this beautif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a short time today. Managed a sterling silver pendant and some clad.
01142018.jpg

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I go to Livingston State Park a couple of times a year.Fishing.Not real familiar with the area to actually metal detect though.Nice finds for a trip.
I'm more on the coast and have just got back into metal detecting.Got a new Garrett ACE 400 the other day.Love it.You ever go down to the park?

OP
OP
azdirtdigger

azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
AZ Native. Now travel fulltime across this beautif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go to Livingston State Park a couple of times a year.Fishing.Not real familiar with the area to actually metal detect though.Nice finds for a trip.
I'm more on the coast and have just got back into metal detecting.Got a new Garrett ACE 400 the other day.Love it.You ever go down to the park?

It's an offense to detect Texas SP's without a permit. Haven't looked into the permit process.

I look for old coins ,tokens etc... by preference. So, I am always trying to find places they are more likely. Nice thing about this hobby, lots of different types of detecting, so lots of different "good " detecting locations.

just.neil

Dec 26, 2017
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am about an hour and half north of Livingston

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions