THANK YOU FROM BIRDIE AND THE FAMILY on the CTH, added slides FROM NEWS PAPER.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU FROM BIRDIE AND THE FAMILY on the CTH, added slides FROM NEWS PAPER.

Well I had a goal to see my TNet family again after the JD hunt. It was everything I expected. You guys are the greatest friends a person could ever have. Even the new attendees fit right in as part of the TNet family.

I am so thankful to all of you for showing up for the hunt. I wish I had the words to express how I feel about all of you. Take you guys out of the equation and we have absolutely nothing!!! No way would I trade the experience of putting a hunt on it was so much fun. I will treasure your friendships for the rest of my life. Some were not able to make it at the last moment like Stevesno, Borninok, and Gypsy. Thought of you guys often.

It is sad today knowing you have all left. Look out next year though! Sorry but I never took one picture figure that one out.

THANK YOU Evy, Jeff, and THE wife who helped put this on. They gave me great advice and support to even attempt this hunt. Thank you family for cooking and getting the food out. Now I am going to rest this old tired body. ;D ;D ;D

You might like to look at this.
http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/100607caldwell/

Burdie

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Re: A BIG THANKS FROM BIRDIE AND THE FAMILY

You're awesome Burdie.....Couldn't have met a nicer Host.... I look forward to the next hunt and shaking your hand again..

Best of wishes,

RR

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BURDIE! I know you got to be one tired puppy! What a great hunt you put on!! I was expecting to have a great time and I did! You went over and beyond with your hospitality, and Charlie and I thank you! :-* I'll always remember you and your beautiful family for your kind hearts and generosity. Look forward to having you as our guest soon!

Thank you!!!! Nana and Charlie :)

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm still tired, so I can imagine how tired you were. Thanks to you and your family, Stoney and his family for taking such good care of us. What a great time !!!! The barbecue was delicious!!!

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70

This was my 1st hunt and you made it a positive lasting impression.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A BIG THANKS FROM BIRDIE AND THE FAMILY on the CTH added slides

I forgot to mention how nice the folks in Caldwell are. Every where we went, people asked if we were having a good time and seemed genuinely glad we were there. Even the guy that patched our flat tire went above and beyond to help us out.

Saturday evening when we got back to the motel, the owner saw us unloading detectors and stuff and came out to talk to us. It turns out that he was thinking about getting a detector and wanted to know more. Baldingboy spend quite a while with him showing him his detector and talking about different brands.

What a great time....thank you Caldwell

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The only thing that didn't get scheduled properly was that cold front that came thru Sunday night. Its going to be in the 70's today with low humidity. I was hoping that the folks from out of state could have some nice fall Kansas weather.

Oh well just come back next weekend ;)

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burdie,
It sounds like I missed a great time. I really regret at times being in the military. Often there is no compromise, just their way or the highway. I felt that you would put on a quality event and it is obvious that you did by all of the kind words said about you and your family. I tip my hat to you. Take care and happy hunting....Steve

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

Just wanted to throw in a......THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you....for all that you all did to make sure that a good time was had by all. Burdie (Stan), Stoney56 (Jeff), Metal-granny (evy), and all of your family members sure know how to make folks feel welcome.........Thank you again.

gregd573 (greg)

stretchmodel

Dec 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, S.D.
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burdie, A big Thank You for the great memories and a super hunt. Please tell the family the food was just terrific and the hospitality was first class. I hope to be able to see everyone in the near future at the next hunt. Your's, Stoney's, and Metalgranny's hard work paid off several times over for everyone it was an honor to be able to meet you all.
Thanks again, Jim

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Mere thanks seem to fall short when it was just - so wonderful. But thanks are all I've got, to give you and all the others that made it such an enjoyable, memorable weekend.

It was awesome to see the friends from last year, and to make the new friends this year. One heck of a bunch of good folks having one heck of a good time.

hugs to all that want 'em (and/or a sincere handshake if that's more comfy for ya ;))

yours,
Nan
:D

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Thank us?? Thats funny burdie!! Thank Ya'll and Thanks to Caldwell Kansas, What a treat it was.

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt

thank you for hosting the hunt it was my 1st but deff. not my last i had a great time and didnt want to go home ...

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

Burdie, I hope that Jeff and Evy passed onto you the great phone conversation we had Friday night...into Saturday Morning. It was so great to talk to them.

Like I told you in my PM to you....you did an excellent job!! And, I hope there will be another hunt looming in the short future.

God bless you and the Mrs.

And, you can bet Warsawdaddy's garter that next time...........hmmmm...well, let's just say it may have taken him only 10 seconds to get that garter off of her.........but I'm quicker to the draw.....LOL That's a challenge, Warsawdaddy....LOL ;D ;D

Again, Burdie......I think everyone will have to agree that your style of a hunt was much better than the norm. Just wish I could have been there....but as I have said before...the Good Lord had other plans.

Take care, my friend. And I WILL be out there to see you all...just don't know when right now. Things are still dicey.
---Mel

borninok

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Burdie,

Yourself, MG, Stoney and family should be commended on a fantastic job with the hunt, activities, prizes and meal. One thing I have realized since starting this hobby is that it truly brings friendships together. I consider everyone who I visited with a true friend. Although I had never participated in a group hunt such as this, I will jump at the chance to attend another hunt, in Kansas or any other location. It was a terrific experience! Thanks so much for your hospitality and kindness. I know you worked tirelessly. I commend you!

I understand ME22 gave you the digger I built. Be careful not to poke your eye out with that! ;)

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Baldingboy said:
Burdie,

Yourself, MG, Stoney and family should be commended on a fantastic job with the hunt, activities, prizes and meal. One thing I have realized since starting this hobby is that it truly brings friendships together. I consider everyone who I visited with a true friend. Although I had never participated in a group hunt such as this, I will jump at the chance to attend another hunt, in Kansas or any other location. It was a terrific experience! Thanks so much for your hospitality and kindness. I know you worked tirelessly. I commend you!

I understand ME22 gave you the digger I built. Be careful not to poke your eye out with that! ;)

I have it on my porch. It is the coolest digger I have ever had. Thank you both.
PICT0001-1.JPG

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Burdie said:
Baldingboy said:
Burdie,

I have it on my porch. It is the coolest digger I have ever had. Thank you both.

Burdie,
That definitely belonged with you. Things are bigger in Kansas!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Yeah that and my wife and BB's said that if we brought that thing back home we were going to be homeless! ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D :D ;D :D ;D ;D :)

It belongs with you Burdie. You are a man with a big heart, a big smile, and BIG MDing Family!!!

HH and keep us posted on what you find from those two places we got to hunt.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: THANK YOU FROM BIRDIE AND THE FAMILY on the CTH, added slides FROM NEWS PAP

Man, that digger & covered wagon fits right in perfect in your yard.

Burdie,

A big, hearty thank you to you, your family for all the hard work involved in putting together everything involved in making the CTH a successful event...also special thanks to the town of Caldwell, KS and the owner of the property. :-*

;) RR

product_thumb.jpg

CattleRoundUp-500.jpg
Sitting tall in my saddle awaiting the next round up!!​

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions