A big THANKS to Birdie, Stoney and everyone I met this past weekend. . .

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to say THANKS Birdie, Stoney, and your families, for hosting one heck-of-a CTH-Weekend. . . without you guys putting this hunt together, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet such a wonderful group of people.

When I arrived in Caldwell around "high-noon" on Friday, I felt as though I had been wonderfully transported back in time. . . here are a few images I took of Caldwell this past weekend as I envisioned it back then in the "good-old-days". . .

CTH-0001.jpg

CTH-0002.jpg

CTH-0003.jpg

CTH-0004.jpg

CTH-0005.jpg

CTH-0006.jpg

CTH-0007.jpg

CTH-0008.jpg

CTH-0009.jpg

During the next few days, I'll post some images of the CTH group festivities (trying to play catch-up with "honey-do's" & work after getting home today).

Thanks again to everyone for such a wonderful time!
watercolor

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Now that is some great pictures........glad to have met you Watercolor...and hope that we can hunt in the same town again sometime.......that is unless ridge runner and schloopy have already been there and I really don't want to be there for the hanging.....lol. I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures.......HH.......gregd573

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RR & Greg, It was a pleasure to meet you guys. . . Greg, I hope you didn't spend that $5 gold in one place! :D

I look forward to seeing you guys again soon,
watercolor

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Great photo's. The black and white pics are just great. Looking forward to the rest. Hope to meet up with you again sometime. What a great bunch of MDer's.

HH
Bill

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Lord!!! Your skills in photography certainly show up in your pictures. I sure hope we meet again. People like you are what makes this hunt so successful. So glad your home safe.
Burdie

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Wow great pics watercolor, love the way you went black and white for some, I am lookin forward to more, what was the story to the gal at the tombstone?? It was like, in the Kansas wind and kinda Blurry (but man that worked) Now thats art!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Watercolor,

Great pics my friend. I am glad that we got to meet you. Hope to see you again, and look forward to your other photos :)

TW

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Outstanding photo's Watercolor! When i seen your setup, I thought you had experience in photography, but WOW! Those really are awesome! It was great having the chance to talk with you.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Watercolor,

Ditto. Beautiful shots! I can't wait to see the rest. It was really nice getting to know you. Maybe we will hunt together again. I sure hope so.

Baldingboy

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, you really captured the "spirit" of the place. I guess thats what photography is all about. It was really nice to meet you. I wish we would have had more time to chat.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WC the pic are great, I love the b&w they add a certain specailness to a photo' I cant wait to see the rest!

It was great meeting you and if not sooner see you next year!

Evy

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
A true pleasure to meet you. You are a genuinely nice guy who I really enjoyed talking with.

I went through my stuff last night and came across your CD. Oops. Sorry. If you want me to I will send it back to you. Also my digital camera had a bad memory card and all the pictures I took Friday and Saturday were lost. Fortunately I had swapped cards out Sunday so I did get a FEW pictures. If you have any you would like to share please let me know. Same for everyone. I want to put together a photo album and BB's wife scrapbooks and I asked her and she said she would help me with it.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL pictures, WC! :o You are truly talented! It was a pleasure to meet you and hope to see you again. Hope Bob is feeling better and can join us next year. ;)

Nana :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
wow you are a great photographer. very nice.

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for all your kind comments.

Every person I had the pleasure of meeting this past weekend has been more than kind. There was not one time that I EVER felt "left out" of this wonderful group. I'm already looking forward to the next hunt, wherever it may be, so we can all see each other again.

Thank You!
watercolor

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
watercolor, just wanted to thank you for coming and it was an honor to meet you. Your photos are astounding and really give the authenticity and feel of the old west. Thanks again.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WC, your photos are excellent! Thanks so much for putting that special touch to them. I love the cemetery shot!! So good to meet you and lunch with ya! Now I've got to put my cr@ppy color photos out there. Oh, well, not all of us are talented like you!

Would it be possible for you to take yours and some of our pics and convert them to works of art like yours, and maybe put an album together for us? I'd love it, and I know a few others who would, too!!

Thanks again for sharing and showing up! -Noodle

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WC,

It was a great pleasure to meet you. When I first saw you on the street and saw the camera I knew you had to be a person who takes their photography seriously. I too, had a OM-10 years ago, with all the different telephoto lens and loved taking pics with it. One day it just locked up and malfunctioned after that, I was able to sell all the lens and everything that went with it. I just recently received the digital camera...you just don't know what it's like to follow a hummingbird around trying to get a "perfect" shot and the batteries go dead within 30 minutes.

Anyway, the pics are just gorgeous...I love the black & white and the "ghostly" look at the cemetery. Now just remember we have a "Daily Snapshot" thread here on T-NET and I want to see some of your pics posted there. ;D

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions