CTH-Musings of a ciggarette smoking man...with pics

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Hi Everyone,

First of all I want to thank Burdie, Stoney and their better halves for all of their hard work, putting on this hunt for us. In my humble opinion...it was a huge success!

I have been to several hunts in my 18 years of metal detecting and to be real honest with everyone...this one was different.

I don't mean that in a bad way, but in a good way. In previous hunts the main objective was to beat everyone by finding the most coins or tokens. I didn't see that happening this weekend. Everyone was relaxed and having a good time. When someone found a good target...everyone else was happy for them.

There was one exception though. When I found the Barber dime, Stoney came over and with a disgusted tone, said something to the effect of "You are always finding silver with that darned Eagle!". Sorry Jeff...I just had to repeat that, lol.
Oh well, don't feel bad. Anyone would have found that coin if they had swung their coil over that spot, because it was laying right on top of the ground.

We had a good time and met some new friends. We hope to see you all again soon. we thank you all for a great weekend.

Here are just a few pics. I was a bonehead and didn't take any at the site or our meeting place. Luckily many of you took some...thanks :)

Timberwolf & Mrstimberwolf (she found the lighter)

Attachments

• MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 541
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 558
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 555
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 554
  • MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 547
  • MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 551
  • MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 540
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 537
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 541
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 546
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 518

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for coming up to the hunt. Your great people. I like the finds but your friendship was terrific.
Burdie

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Hey Burdie,

We had a great time. You and your wife are "good" people. Stoney & Evy, well...they are old friends.

We didn't get to meet everyone, but those that we did meet, we liked. They all made us feel welcome, even though we were the "new kids" on the block :) I can see why you wanted to get everyone back together again...you all really are like family. You won't see that in one the National Hunts, at least I never have.

Thanks again Burdie...it was a great weekend ;D

Tom & Ragenna

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Crap, Timberwolf I missed your finds, That is one cool match case, I know hunters who would die for it, did you find that sunday?

stretchmodel

Dec 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, S.D.
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr and Mrs TW,
Just wanted to say hey and to say that it was great to meet you and your wife. I think the hunt was a tremendous success and a good time was had by all. I hope to be able to hunt with you in the future at the next one.
Take care and HH Jim

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Thanks ME,

We enjoyed chatting with you and BB too. You guys are a fun pair. I don't think I will ever be able to match your 28 targets in 5 min.!!! lol. You guys take care.

TC,

My finds don't compare to your Morgan. I have never found one of those :'(. You actually had to dig it up :D That Barber was laying on the ground. I thought one of you had dropped something. I'm sure glad that wasn't the case. When Ridge Runner heard what I found, I though he was gonna come over and take it from me. I would hate to tangle with him. I heard about his exploits at a certain place of business Friday night ;) :D ;D

I believe it is a butane lighter. It's not new, but I don't think it is real old either. I wish it was a match case. Mrstimberwolf found it with her Silver Sabre ;D Thanks for the comment TC, take care and hope to see you again.

TW

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Awesome finds Timber! It was fun to speak with you and the Mrs. Hopefully we get a chance to meet on another hunt. Take care.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Just to clarify the 28 signals consisted of: 10 square nails, 1 pocket watch, 1 lock minus its hasp, and and 16 pieces of small wire and barbed wire. At one point I didn't stand up for 2 minutes because there were so many targets in such a small location. And my reward for all the effort is that I am stiff and sore today and can barely walk!

BTW I weighed my "relics" I found ten and three-quarter pounds of relics in two days!!! Relics a nice word for trash!!!!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
It was such a pleasure to meet you both. I want to say I can't wait until the next hunt, but I think I'll wait until I quit aching, first!

Dang. I can't wait until the next hunt! ;D ;D

HH
Nan
p.s.
I think your towelette package (box?) made it home with me accidentally. My bad. Will send, replace it - or just bring the equivalent to the next hunt. Your choice ;)

yours,
Nan

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Tom, I wasn't really disgusted. :( I know only too well the exploits you've had with that Eagle but I'm glad she finally came home to roost. 8)
Mrs. Timberwolf was a real trooper. She'd get a signal and wouldn't quit till she got her hands on whatever set the machine off. Evy and I are both glad you and Ragenna were able to come up and participate.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Great finds, Timberwolf! Sure wish I could have made it so that I could have met you and the Mrs. But, as you know, the Good Lord had other plans for me.

Take care, my friend.
Mel

borninok

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Minelabe-less digging more silver. more true discremenation (not elimination), I dident dig those broken sounds just repeaters, course I dident get any tokens as I figure I was blocken em. Does that make sense? (more depth is still debateble in my opinion, but I am still learning the machine)

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You both did pretty well. I'm glad Mrstimberwolf found something cool. It sure was nice to meet you both, I really enjoyed talking to both of you.

Mastereagle: Maybe we should have had a prize for the most "relics" dug. Ok here is an idea, do a raffle and you get a ticket for each pound of stuff. Well I didn't say it was a good idea.
But I think Nana might have you beat ;)

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Mr and Mrs TW~

I really enjoyed meeting you both and visiting with you. I can't say "Thanks" enough for your generous gift of the pendant. You both are two really special people and I will always value your friendship! I truly hope we get to hunt together sometime. Good hunting.

Baldingboy

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Hey Stretch,
It was nice meeting you too, and hope to hunt with you again :)

Eagle,
Glad we got to make your acquaintance, next time we will have to bring our "other" toys for show & tell ;)

ME,
Targets are targets. The more junk you find, the closer you get to a good target. Don't stop what you are doing....you are doing it right ;D

Rosewellborn,
It was nice to visit with you and your friend :) Hope to see you again at the next hunt.

Stoney,
My exploits with the Eagle were several years ago. I'm afraid I'm much older and slower now, lol. Do you remember when our club had that hunt where we gave away the truck? When was that? After this weekend...I'm all pumped up to put on another hunt! This time we would need to find a spot that doesn't drive the detectors crazy, like before. Also, I would want to do it up like the old Expo's in NE, complete with seminars and dealers. Do you think there would be any interest in a hunt like this?

Borninok,
Hey Mel, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet you, but like you said...the good Lord had other plans. Hope you and Gayle are doing good. We will continue to pray for you both. You seem like good people :)

TC,
You are the man....finding that Morgan. I'm glad we got to meet you and wish that we could have spent more time talking treasure.

Rob,
Enjoyed meeting you and your wife. You are nice folks. Hope to get you down here in OK so we can try out that PI detector of yours. Let's do it before it gets too cold :D Please thank your wife again for the lip balm.

BB,
Hey, it was nice meeting you too. As far as the pendant goes, you are very welcome. You were as excited over it as I was when I dug it up! It should be yours my friend. And I want to thank you for the pendant that you gave my Mrs. She loves it and intends to put a pic in it, and than use it as her avatar. Thanks again Tom. I hope to meet up with you again in this world ;D

Nana,
Thanks for the token :)

River Rat,
Thanks for the seeds :)

Rob,
Thanks to your Mrs for the lip balm :)

Warsawdaddy,
Thanks for the candy....you sure know how to get the attention of the fairer sex :)

Thank you all for a fun weekend!!!!!! :) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Timberwolf & Mrstimberwolf

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to acknowledge your great finds. I heard all about them but didn't get a chance to see them at the CTH. I'm impressed, eagle or do do bird, who cares? You did great! Monty

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Oh yeah I almost forgot. Thank you for the cross you gave me. I decided to bring mine to work and give it to my boss. She is a great lady and she has several in her office. She was very happy to receive it and she hung it on her wall next to her others. I will get the other one to my brother-in-law tonight.

:)

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Hey Monty,
I think it is the do do bird....opps, no, that's me, lol.
Thanks, and I am glad we got to meet you. Take care of your self.

ME,
You are very welcome. It sounds like you have found them good homes :)

Hope to see both of you again.

TW

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Timberwolf said:
Stoney,
My exploits with the Eagle were several years ago. I'm afraid I'm much older and slower now, lol. Do you remember when our club had that hunt where we gave away the truck? When was that? After this weekend...I'm all pumped up to put on another hunt! This time we would need to find a spot that doesn't drive the detectors crazy, like before. Also, I would want to do it up like the old Expo's in NE, complete with seminars and dealers. Do you think there would be any interest in a hunt like this?

Timberwolf & Mrstimberwolf

Tom, I think that was about 4 years ago, maybe 5. I think there's a good possibility that there'd be enough interest. We'll discuss it later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread