CTH - it was all good.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
What a weekend! Then to drive all day and go to work the next. They weren't even expecting me - I coulda stayed home today (then I'd not get paid... oh well) It was just terrific to see the old and new faces. All of it was just right.

Nana - wonderful to see you and Charlie. Glad the glasses were helpful. Charlie, I still owe you a ride in the new pickup, sorry bout that.

Gregg - There are plenty of pics on the forum for your "double." (I'd still like to see pics of the double, tho lol)

Timberwolf and Mrs Timberwolf - loved his t-shirt, and I guess I have to owe you for the handcleaner towel thingies. I saw they were gone from beside the chair and thought you'd gotten 'em. Nope. They'd been put in the truck, instead. My bad.

mel, gypsy and clan, bran - you were missed. Next time, fer shure! Meanwhile, take care of yourselves and families (and/or classes). There will be a next time, surely.

Judie, next time you find silver, I hope you warn me so I can take a picture of the happy dance. :D

Burdie, Stoney, Evy and everyone else that worked to make the hunt such a success, thank you, thank you.

Too many things to say to too many folks.

I wouldn't have missed this for the world.

Nan

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so glad you made it. Your just a sweet, neat gal to know. The whole group is so much fun to be around. Be sure to come back so I can charge you more and more for T-shirts. Geeeez. See you at the next hunt.
Burdie

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I am so glad I got to meet you this weekend. You seem like a lot of fun. BB and I aren't too far away maybe, if you can stand us, we could drive up one day and swing the coil with you???

Your friend was very nice.

Take care.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
You right,girl.It was all good!It was great seeing the 'Otterville' bunch and meeting the new people.They fit right in.Where did you get that pretty girl Vickie from?She wear garters?Watercolor had a camera that cost more than all my detectors put together,but his pics are great.ME22,I think you've been strokin' a detector longer than you let on!You handle that DeLeon just like a pro(whatever that means).Wish I had known you also have a XT30.I had one that I didn't try because it's new to me,could've used some input.And now I have to ask,where in hell did you get that 'Sherlock Holmes' hat you were wearing?(I really don't want to know)(I really really don't want to know).One thing about this wknd,I didn't see one grouchy or sourpuss face in the whole bunch.Glad the new guys from NE,TX,MO, could make it and the ones the wind blew in from around KS.I visited with 'stretch'quite a bit and still haven't seen his face,my head wouldn't swivel back that far.Someone said when he yawned,he looked like a needle(I didn't say that,buddy).Sorry I didn't get an invite to Fri's shindig,sounds like I could have had some fun bustin' pitchers over heads (you all don't know it,but I usually carry a little surprise with me).Maybe next time we can see if anyone wants to limp.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
WD I will take that as a compliment coming from you. Thank you. :-[

The hat came from Cabella's and it kept me from getting cooked Saturday but I didn't wear it Sunday and I came away as red as a lobster. People laugh at me sometimes when I wear it but I know it's because they don't have one. ;D :D

The X-terra 30 is a fine machine. I like it a lot. I like all Minelab detectors. Heck to be honest with you as long as I can turn it on, get it to beep occasionally and not kill myself swinging it I love any detector. :D ;D

It was good getting to meet you even though I didn't get to talk to you too much. I have just one question though. Did the brothels all pass inspection? :D ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :) :D ;D ;D :D ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nan,

What a great pleasure it was to see you again, as always you kept us laughing the whole time. Meeting Vicky was a plus! You two are really the bestest of friends. Loved the lap harp, listening to you & Vicky play along with Dan and again hearing the nose flute was sweet music to everyone's ears.

I guess the most memorable thing that happened was you knocking on the wrong door and waking up a sleeping "Teddy Bear". ;D ;D ;D

Hugs & Kisses

;) RR

stretchmodel

Dec 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, S.D.
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ros,
Sorry to make you feel short. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope all is well.
HH Jim

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I want to hear more about this 'teddy bear'.That's right-what happens in Caldwell,stays in Caldwell.Boy,are you lucky1

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss you already. :'(

OP
OP
roswellborn

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I really didn't expect all the replies... wow.

Burdie, that really was pretty funny. I'd love to be charged for more t-shirts, cuz it would mean we were back in Caldwell again. :D

MasterEagle - that sounds good. They keep saying that Forest Park hasn't been hunted out quite yet. Let me see how soon I can play hookey from work again, ok?

WarsawDaddy, Vickie and I became "best friends" waaay back in 6th grade. She's probably the closest I ever came to having a sister. (no clue re garters) ???

RiverRat, I dunno how "sweet" the music was, but it sure was fun! And I'd happily forgotten the wrong door thing. (oops?) I thought Nana's door was right across from yours, honest! Besides, I didn't know the "bear" was sleeping... yikes.

Stretch, you didn't make me feel short! You made me feel "little" (I'd forgotten what that was like. lol ;))

Nana,
Sigh. Same here :'(

Yours
Nan

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thank you Ros. I know there won't be a single person disagree with me when I say "it wouldn't have been the same without you."

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Nan,
It was super meeting both you and your friend. You are two incredible ladies and the pleasure of meeting you was all mine. Maybe we can get together and swing a coil soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread